If you are looking for the best VR headset for kids, then you have come to the right place. In this article, we will be discussing some of the best VR headsets for kids available on the market today. So, if you are interested in finding out more, keep reading!
Table of Contents
- 0.1 Top Rated Best VR Headset For Kids
- 0.2 1. Samsung Gear VR w/Controller
- 0.3 2. Lenovo Mirage Daydream
- 0.4 3. Oculus Rift S
- 0.5 4. Oculus Quest 2
- 0.6 5. B-Next VR Headset
- 0.7 6. Merge VR Headset
- 0.8 7. Heromask VR Headset + Mathematics Games
- 0.9 8. Atlasonix 3D VR Headset
- 0.10 9. OIVO VR Headset For Nintendo Switch
- 0.11 10. VRbeatz VR Headset
- 0.12 11. VR WEAR VR
- 0.13 12. VRLab VR Headset
- 0.14 13. VR Shinecon Virtual Reality Glasses
- 1 Buying Guide
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Conclusion
Top Rated Best VR Headset For Kids
|1||DESTEK VR Dream Headset for...||655 Reviews||$42.99 $39.99||View on Amazon|
|2||VR Headset, Virtual Reality...||115 Reviews||$129.98||View on Amazon|
|3||VR Headset for iPhone &...||132 Reviews||$79.99 $59.99||View on Amazon|
|4||3D VR Headset for Android...||21 Reviews||View on Amazon|
|5||Professor Maxwell's VR...||122 Reviews||$69.99||View on Amazon|
|6||Switch VR Headset Designed for...||10 Reviews||View on Amazon|
|7||DESTEK V5 VR Headset for Phone...||18 Reviews||View on Amazon|
|8||VR Headset Compatible with...||5,303 Reviews||$26.99||View on Amazon|
|9||Professor Maxwell's VR Atlas -...||272 Reviews||$64.99 $55.99||View on Amazon|
|10||LONGLU VR Headset for iPhone &...||155 Reviews||$189.99 $129.98||View on Amazon|
1. Samsung Gear VR w/Controller
- Weight: 345 grams
- Dimensions: 8 inches x 5 inches x 3.5 inches
- Platform: Android
- Components: VR controller, USB-C Adapter, Gear VR, Head straps, Micro-USB adapter, and Quick Start Guide.
- It can be used with smartphones of different screen sizes
- It is lightweight and suitable for children.
- Both Type-C and micro USB-based devices can be accommodated
- There is no way to adjust the screen resolutions.
- The inbuilt audio system not available
Samsung collaborated with Oculus in the development of a VR headset to accompany its flagship models. The Samsung Gear VR w/Controller, one of the best smartphone-based VR headsets, is perfect for children.
This device’s design is elegant and simple, yet it is premium. It is also completely free from light leakage when watching movies or using VR apps.
By swapping the modular USB socket, you can use Type-C or micro-USB-based phones.
Get the Gear VR system set up on your Samsung Smartphone and enjoy VR apps.
After selecting an application, adjust your focus to achieve the best quality image.
This VR headset also includes the Gear VR wireless motion sensor controller. It has a home, volume, back, and volume buttons, as well as a large scroll touchpad with an index finger touch, to confirm your selection.
Two AAA batteries are required to charge the controller.
The second-generation Samsung Gear VR has custom padding that allows for better comfort and long-lasting use.
Samsung now offers a flat touchpad for switching between controls, as well as a Home or Return option. Gear VR was not recommended for children younger than 13 years.
Related information: How To Use Samsung Gear VR 2023: Top Full Guide
2. Lenovo Mirage Daydream
- Weight: 640 grams
- Dimensions: 10.61 inches x 8.03 inches x 7.08 inches
- Platform: Android
- Components: VR controller, USB-C Cable, Travel Adapter, 3.5mm earphones, and VR headset.
- High-quality image rendering
- Snug fit with a well-balanced design
- The control buttons are located on the right-hand side
- Not compatible with PC
- Light leakage
The standalone VR headset Lenovo Mirage Solo, which is built on Android, packs a significant punch thanks to its many features and high-quality VR outputs.
The headset weighs in at just 640g and has a 5.5-inch LCD. It has a very sophisticated design and superior internal cushioning.
Mirage Solo has a cordless design and a halo-style earband to offset the device’s weight.
The rear has a fitting adjustment and flip-to-view structures that allow you to raise the headset to access Reality. The headset offers a full 110-degree field of view without strings attached.
This powerful VR device can be used by your child without the need for cables.
The 3-hour battery life allows for more than one VR session per day. It can also double as a parental control tool. It works with all Bluetooth-connected devices, including smartphones and PCs.
The Snapdragon 835 Mobile VR platform processor powers this VR to provide a wireless VR experience that offers 6 degrees of freedom.
The Lenovo Daydream allows users to enjoy 4K visuals and 3D audio. You get a free copy from Google Play of Blade Runner: Revelations with this device.
3. Oculus Rift S
- Weight: 561 grams
- Dimensions: 10.94 inches x 8.27 inches x 6.3 inches
- Platform: PC
- Components: Two touch controllers, AA batteries, Output cable, Headset Cable, VR headset
- Uses as a standalone device
- There is no need to tether or cabling except for charging
- High refresh rate display unit
- Battery life is shorter
- Too heavy for smaller children
Two controllers are available for optimal VR interaction, along with the headset.
The display unit in this device is powerful and can deliver 1280 x 1440 pixels resolution per eye at 80Hz refresh rates. The display unit is supported by stronger, solid straps that can be adjusted to increase the weight.
The display unit’s importance is countered by the halo headband, which offers a more comfortable experience despite its 6-pound overall weight.
VR Oculus touch controllers have been rated as among the most accurate at accurately capturing gestures.
The screen door effect is reduced thanks to the new optics. This allows you to enjoy vibrant colors—the motion sensors at the front track the two controllers.
Rift S is a great VR headset for children, but it’s not the most affordable.
4. Oculus Quest 2
- Weight: 503 grams
- Dimensions: 16.42 inches x 7.8 inches x 5 inches
- Platform: standalone
- Components: Two touch controllers, AA batteries, VR headset
- There are many more features than the Rift S.
- High-resolution display with a 90Hz refresh rate
- Experience the ultimate VR experience
- Battery drains quickly
- It is difficult to control for children
Quest 2 was launched by the US in October 2020. It is a significant and intelligent upgrade to its predecessors.
Oculus has been able to increase its market share in VR headsets and is well worth the investment.
The Rift S is all that’s required for this VR.
It is smaller, lighter, and more affordable than all previous Oculus Quest VR headsets. Oculus smartly offers additional options for strap packs: Elite Strap and Elite strap with battery.
Quest 2 has a new display unit with a resolution of 1832 x 1920 pixels per eye and native refresh rates of 90 Hz. This design can accommodate almost any screen door effect and guarantees a quiet VR experience.
The Snapdragon XR2 processor optimizes performance for virtually any VR app and environment.
Oculus has upgraded its motion sensors, with the Quest 2 offering better functionality through the two controllers. The headset also features two speakers to provide a rich 3D audio experience.
5. B-Next VR Headset
- Weight: 409 grams
- Dimensions: 7 inches x 5 inches x 4 inches
- Platform: Smartphone (iOS and Android)
- Components: Two adjustment bands and VR headset
- Cheap VR for mobiles
- Comfortable and durable design with an eyesight protection system
- Adjustable lenses offer a wider viewing angle
- There are no audio attachment options
- The issue with light leakage
The B NEXT VR, which is based on a smartphone, is one of the most affordable VR headsets. We think it is the best VR headset to use with kids.
It works with smartphones that have a 4 to 6.3-inch screen and gyro sensor.
The VR comes without any controllers. It is only intended for basic VR games and apps. This limitation bodes well for children.
Its design and build quality are simple, which is obvious for a budget device, but you will not be disappointed in the VR experience.
This headset is small and perfect for children. Straps can be adjusted to ensure a perfect fit and prevent light leakage.
Adjustment mounts can be used to achieve the best focus and a wider field of vision. The B-Next VR headset’s cushioning is ideal for snug-fitting without adding weight to your nose.
This device has a slide tray that makes it easy to use the application.
Before you give the device to your child, make sure that you can control the brightness and display settings.
B-Next can be used with many VR applications and even Google Cardboard apps.
6. Merge VR Headset
- Includes adjustable lens
- Top buttons are easy to use
- It is easy to clean and wipe down
- This book is suitable for older children and teens.
- Supportive head strap included
- Compatible with Google Expeditions, National Geographic, NASA, and many other apps
- Access to the camera for augmented reality experiences
- People with glasses may not find this ideal
- Not all sizes of phones may work
This award-winning Merge Headset lets your child explore the globe and experience everything firsthand. This headset is made of durable, flexible, and soft foam and can be used at home or in school. It works with both Android and iOS phones.
7. Heromask VR Headset + Mathematics Games
- Compatible with iPhone (from version 4), and Android smartphones
- Is there an interpupillary adjustment possibility?
- This product is suitable for both children and adults
- The award-winning headset
- Mechanical button with a built-in mechanism
- For better support, the strap is attached to the top.
- Not compatible with all Android phones
Heromask, a VR headset for children that combines educational games and virtual reality, is one of the most popular. It helps children to gain mathematical knowledge. It is recommended for children aged 5-12 years old. It helps them to learn multiplication tables, subtraction, and division.
8. Atlasonix 3D VR Headset
- Compatible with Android and iOS Operating Systems
- Include adjustable head straps
- Ability to match focal distance with unilateral myopic alignment to reduce distortion
- More than 300 games are included
- Compatible with mobile devices with screens sizes between 4 and 6.2 inches
- Extra-large lenses
- Not compatible with smartphones larger than 6.2 inches in screen size
This VR headset lets your child explore a new world by watching 3D YouTube videos and playing games. The 360deg field-of-view headset offers seamless viewing and supports HD, HD, 1080p, and 4K resolutions.
9. OIVO VR Headset For Nintendo Switch
- Features large HD lenses
- People who have prescription glasses can use it
- This tool allows you to view YouTube videos in 3D
- Heat dissipation mechanism
- Strap adjustable
- Also works with joy-cons for video games
- Some lenses are too close to the eyes.
This VR is specifically designed for Nintendo Switch gaming consoles. It is made of EVA and Oxford materials and is light and durable. This headset is safe for kids to play games that include VR functionality.
10. VRbeatz VR Headset
- High Definition Adjustable Lens for Maximum Clarity
- To reduce glares, the glass is made with anti-reflective materials
- Secure your phone with a strong clip and natural rubber pad
- The cushion padding is super soft and comfortable around the eyes
- Compatible with drones that allow for first-person views (FPV).
- Ventilation to help reduce heat buildup on the phone
- Compatible with all smartphones
- Not durable
This pink, lightweight VR made from ABS plastic is a great choice for children as it provides a comfortable experience even after prolonged use. The high-quality, ultra-thin, optical resin lens is oversized and extremely thin. This allows for long-term use without eye fatigue or dizziness.
11. VR WEAR VR
- Goggles provide maximum field of vision
- Soft leather face cushion included
- Includes an elastic head strap
- Semi-transparent camera lid
- Allows for good airflow to keep the device from overheating
- Stickers are included in the set
- Corrective glasses users may not find this ideal.
- It may not include a control button
Your smartphone can be transformed into a gaming console for your children! The VR headset works with any smartphone with a 5- to 6.5-inch screen and a gyroscope. The double lens allows viewers to adjust the headset in all four directions, and each eye individually for better focus.
12. VRLab VR Headset
- Allows for 4 to 6.2-inch smartphones
- Allows you to quickly access the volume buttons on your phone
- Available with adjustable headband and sponge padding
- You will find a tray for your phone
- To allow for airflow, the front cover is partially open.
- Anti-blue Ray Glass to Prevent Eye Strain
- Not compatible with prescription glasses
It’s not boring to watch movies or play video games in your own virtual world. VRLab VR offers immersive visual experiences wherever you turn thanks to HD optimization and 3D gaming support. It works with Android, Microsoft, iOS, and Android smartphones.
13. VR Shinecon Virtual Reality Glasses
- Features heat-dissipating design
- Bluetooth-enabled controller included
- Adjustable pupil distance and focal distance
- Fits phones with screen sizes ranging from 4.7 to 6 inches
- Comfortable, removable leather padding around the eyes.
- A supportive headband that can be adjusted
- It could be bulky
- They may not be strong enough for you.
This gadget integrates with Japanese PMMA lenses to provide a 360deg panoramic view and 3D images. Your child will experience immersive virtual reality with the help of headphones that retract easily. Compatible with all Android and iOS smartphones.
With Virtual Reality, you get to interact with a virtual environment that essentially responds to you as well acting as a different physical dimension altogether.
Children can use VR to enhance their learning curve. They can interact with the outside world from their own homes, without having to worry about the pandemic restrictions that will be in place for some time.
Choosing the best Virtual Reality glasses for kids comes down to a few simple pointers.
Above the budget category, VR headsets are heavier. This Oculus Rift S is a great example. It’s amazing, one of the top VR headsets in 2023, and well worth the $299 price.
It weighs in at 1.67 pounds. Imagine being a 7-year-old with the Rift S on your head.
This is why you should choose lighter headsets with fewer features. Even though you lose the full VR experience and build quality of the headset, your child can still use it to start with VR.
When it comes to stuff that is for children, bigger is not always better. Virtual Reality headsets that are best for children are smaller, so they can fit little heads well enough to be enjoyable.
When it comes to VR headsets, size is very important. The last thing you want to happen is for external light to seep into your headset. This can be a huge letdown when you are trying to interact in VR.
This could happen if the headset’s minimum span is too small for the user.
Easy of Use
We recommend VR headsets that are smartphone-based for children.
Your child’s eyes may not be able to see the resolutions of standalone VR headsets and gaming. Over long hours, prolonged exposure to bright lights can lead to severe strain.
The damage can be reduced by optimizing smartphone VR headsets. They are also lighter and smaller than the VR lenses in terms of overall viewing dimensions.
Your child will be familiar with the size of the smartphone and the VR experience.
1. VR is OK for 7-year-olds?
According to the company, children shouldn’t be allowed to use HTC Vive VR headsets. Sony recommends that users be at least 12 years old to use its PlayStation VR. Oculus Rift VR and Samsung Gear VR are two popular VR gadgets.
2. What phone do I need to use a VR with?
It all depends on which VR headset you purchased. A smartphone is not required for standalone or gaming VR headsets. Some headsets, like the Samsung Gear VR or B Next VR, require a smartphone in order to function. These headsets do not require a dedicated screen. Instead, they use your smartphone’s screen as a display unit.
3. Is it possible for an 11-yea r-old to use an Oculus Quest 2, or can they?
It is easy to set up Oculus Quest 2. Users must link their Facebook account. This requires that they be at least 13 years of age. However, younger children can still use it if they have access to their parent’s accounts.
Please share this post if you found it helpful so that others might see its contents as well! Access our website Lucidcam to explore more information that is helpful for you. Thank you for reading!
Last update on 2023-12-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API