Effective Date: November 9, 2016
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you use our websites, call us on the phone, create a User Account, sign up to receive our emails, participate in a sweepstakes, contest, promotion, survey, or hackathon, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, apply for a job or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, zip code, billing address, shipping address, phone number, payment card information, product preferences, demographic information and any other information you choose to provide.
In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you decide to purchase and ship Products to someone. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and may also use that information to send marketing communications to your contact, unless he or she has previously opted out of marketing communications from Lucid.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use our websites or transact business with us, including:
• Log Information: We collect information about your use of our websites, such as the type of browser you use, the type of device you’re using (such as headset, PC, or mobile device), access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the referring link through which you accessed our websites.
• Transaction Information: When you purchase or return a product, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details and the date and location of the purchase/return.
• Information Collected through Your Use of the Service on a Mobile Device: When you access our Service by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification number associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Google Ad ID, or Windows Advertising ID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device.
Information We Collect from Our Partners and Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Data obtained from you by Shopify is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases, and the Shopify application, on a secure server behind a firewall. If you purchase a product through Shopify, Shopify stores your credit card data, encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more information, please see Shopify’s Terms of Service and Privacy Statement.
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on other websites or platforms.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
• Facilitate and improve your online shopping experience;
• Provide the Products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
• Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
• Communicate with you about Products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to manage these communications, please see “Your Choices” below;
• Manage your online account(s) and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
• Personalize your online experience and provide advertisements, content or features that match your profile and interests;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
• Process and deliver contest, promotion, sweepstakes, or hackathon entries and rewards;
• Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
• Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our websites or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share information about you as follows:
• With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
• With our business partners and other third parties for purposes of sending their own direct mail, unless you opt out of this type of sharing by logging into your online account and changing your preferences or by contacting us.
• In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
• If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or any third party;
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of Lucid assets, financing, transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company, or other change of control; and
• With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
MINORS AND CHILDREN
You represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13.
Online Account Information
You may update, correct or delete your online account information at any time by logging into your account and navigating to the User Account settings page or by contacting us. You can also contact us if you wish to deactivate your online account, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
To opt out of promotional emails and text messages, contact us at [email protected] or Lucid VR Inc., 4500 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, California USA 95054. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies, but note that doing so does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our websites. For more information about disabling flash cookies, see http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites. In addition, many web browsers support Do Not Track technology. If you enable Do Not Track, Lucid will not use information about your web viewing activities to tailor your online experience on other websites operated by Lucid. Note, however, that our third party advertising providers may continue to use information about your web viewing activities to tailor advertising to your interests across different websites even when you have Do Not Track enabled in your browser. For more information about how to opt out of ad targeting by our partners, see “Information We Collect from Our Partners and Other Sources” above.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
Certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.