The Nikon Z6 is Nikon’s best-selling full-frame mirrorless digital camera. Also, Nikon Z6 is the best Nikon video camera. A gimbal stabilizer is necessary for NikonZ6 to capture better movies and videos. In this blog, we will talk about gimbals for Nikon Z6, what they are and how to choose the best Gimbal for Nikon Z6.
Top Rated Best Gimbal For Nikon Z6
1. DJI Ronin-SC Gimbal Stabilizer
- Three axes Motorized Gimbal Stabiliser
- This is designed for mirrorless cameras
- One-Handed Operation, Maximum 4.4 lb Load
- Force Mobile Smartphone Control
- Panorama, Time-Lapse, Motion-Lapse, Tracking, Optional Focus Wheel & SmoothTrack Technology
- It is light and agile.
- It is easy to transport.
- Axis locking mechanisms
- App well designed.
- Battery life is long.
- These clever features are a plus.
- Some cameras may not be supported.
- Lower weight limit
- It is slightly more expensive than its rivals.
- It is not possible to use any additional batteries because it is already built-in.
- It can be difficult to set up.
The DJI Ronin-SC Gimbal stabilizer has many improvements over the Ronin-S. This smaller, lighter, stabilized, single-handle, three axes gimbal is designed for small mirrorless cameras less than 4.4 lb.
Despite being smaller, the Ronin-SC packs a lot of technology, design enhancements, and features into its small form.
The Gimbal features Stabilization, pan tilt, roll, and tilt control are all available on the Gimbal. 360deg continuous panning allows for steady 3D/360deg motion shots. This is one of the best gimbals for Nikon Z6 for video.
2. Zhiyun-Tech CRANE 3 LAB
- Payload 10 lb
- Innovative Top Handle Gimbal Design
- Can be used two-handed
- Simple Switching to Underslung Mode
Zhiyun-Tech CRANE 3 LAB is a new take on gimbal design with a handle at the top. The CRANE 3 LAB is two-handed and can be used with one hand, thanks to the included mini tripod.
The handle allows you to switch between underslung and single-handed mode easily and create creative shots like 360deg roll shots when you are closer to a subject.
The CRANE 3 LAB is not only innovative in design but also offers advanced features such as wireless video transmission and the ability to hold up to 10 lb loads.
3. DJI Ronin-S
- Three axes Motorized Gimbal Stabiliser
- Camera bag for DSLR and Mirrorless Cameras
- Eight-Pound Payload Capacity
- For control, use the Mode and Trigger Buttons
- High-quality build quality and excellent ergonomics
- Payload capacity 8 lb
- Electronic follow focus built-in
- The mobile app allows for extensive control
- Competitive price
- Batteries are not easily removed
- Cameras do not support all connected features
The Ronin S is more than a miniature version of larger Ronin gimbal stabilizers. It also offers a flexible ecosystem that allows for the integration of DSLR and mirrorless cameras in professional-grade workflows.
The Ronin-S’s single-handed design allows for lighter camera payloads of up to 8 pounds. The Ronin-S is a large camera, but don’t let that fool you. There are many things going on underneath the hood.
You can customize the Gimbal to suit your needs by purchasing separate modules for the handle or accessory docks. The Ronin-S can be used with a conventional battery grip and will last for up to 12 hours.
It is truly magical to be able to move freely. The ‘Sport Mode’ allows you to capture fast-moving scenes immediately. This is, without doubt, the best Gimbal you can use with your Nikon Z6 and Z6 Mark II cameras.
Ronin S allows you to create professional-looking work that will help you get customers. The Ronin App will set the intervals for the Gimbal to move and trigger the camera.
4. Feiyu AK4500
- Maximum payload updates up to 10.14 lb (4.65KG), works easily with popular DSLRs and cinema cameras
- You can switch between a single or underslung position with the detachable, versatile design. Also, you can use the separate hyperlink remote control for more shooting scenes.
- Camera quick release plate for fast setup
- Manfrotto PL501 bottom mounting plate compatible, ARCA quick-release plate compatible with ARCA quick-release system which can quickly switch between two popular quick releases systems and AK4500
- To achieve balance and storage, the motor-locking design is three axes.
- To set parameters or change modes directly from the touch panel, you don’t need an APP.
- Interactive experience enhanced by a full display of English and Chinese languages
- Friendly lock and unlock screen feature to avoid accidental touching
- You can simply touch one icon to enter Dutch-Angle Shoot/Long Exposure Timelapse/ Vlog selfie/TikTok Vertical Shoot. This mode is becoming more popular.
- Supply USB Cable/Wireless control way to take picture/recording/timelapse
- Two USB ports are available for external zoom in/out and follow focus.
- You can customize the trigger button, speed/dead zone, motor horsepower, and many other settings. To suit different uses
- Motor power can be customized to suit more lenses and cameras by setting up auto-adapt and custom motor power
- Single handle detachable main body, attach single handle together with dual handle grip, control the camera and gimbal directly without any remote control
- The basic version includes an underslung arm and antislip Tripod. The standard version has a Brushless follow-focus gear and an underslung arm.
- Touch LCD Screen
- It’s easy to install
- Shadow hunter mode
- 4 Inception Modes Support
- Rapid and effective
- Heavy in weight
Feiyu AK4500, a three axes gimbal stabilizer kit, is compact and can support loads up to 10.1 lb. It’s designed with an angled motor arm so there’s nothing blocking your camera screen, and it provides 360deg pan, 230deg tilt, and 360deg roll motion.
When choosing the best BMPCC-gimbal, there are many factors to consider. It can be difficult to understand all of the details. It is important to be confident in what you buy.
5. Moza Air 2 handheld gimbal stabilizer
- 9.25 lb maximum weight
- Moza iFocus Intelligent Wireless Lens Control System Support
- Unobstructed view of the LCD screen of your camera
- 12 buttons are available to control the gimbal, camera, and settings.
- Different shooting styles can be achieved with the smart wheel, joystick, and smart trigger controls
- OLED information feedback display
- 16-hour runtime with four 18650 Li-Po batteries.
- There are many time-lapse options, including motion-lapse and tracking time-lapse.
- Intelligent auto-tuning system
- Visual markers/identifiable data for balancing
- Mechanical memory quick release system
- 1/4”-20, 3/8’’-16 and 3/8’’-16 threaded holes at the bottom of the gimbal handle
- Battery life is extended
- It’s easy to portability
- Sometimes, you can get stuck in one direction.
Moza Air 2 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal stabilizer features new optimized high-torque engines, a 9.25 lb weight limit, and many other improvements. This allows you to use a wider variety of cameras and more lenses. Moza iFOCUS Intelligent wireless lens control system is also available for the Air 2, which can be used with standard or automatic focus and zoom controls.
6. DJI RSC2
- Designed for mirrorless and DSLR cameras
- Camera and accessory payload of 6.6 lb
- Foldable into an underslung mode
- 1” OLED black-and-white display
- DJI Titan stabilization algorithm
- SuperSmooth stabilization feature for long zoom lenses
- Two NATO mounts are available for accessories like a briefcase handle or a briefcase handle.
- Optional DJI RavenEye 1080p transmission option
- Integral grip handle with 14-hour battery built-in
- iOS 11+/Android 7.0+ companion app
- Time-lapse, panorama and Roll 360 are just a few of the creative options available.
- Dual-layer Manfrotto plus Arca-Swiss camera mounting system
- Single-tap switch to portrait mode
The DJI RSC 2 is the best Gimbal currently available for Nikon Z6 II and Z6 II. The DJI RSC 2 can support mirrorless and DSLR cameras. It also supports accessories loads up to 6.6 lb.
The motors in the RSC 2 are half as powerful as the Ronin-SC, which was the predecessor to this new Gimbal. The RSC 2’s foldable design allows you to switch between underslung and standard modes. This is one of the best gimbal stabilizers for Nikon Z6 for video.
7. Zhiyun Weebill S Gimbal stabilizer
- Image Transmission Module
- Dual focus control system
- OLED display
- Wireless remote controller with motion sensor (not included).
- Up to 3 devices can sync motion
Zhiyun Weebill S, a compatible gimbal that performs well with your Nikon Z6 and Z6 II mirrorless cameras, is available. This Gimbal is pocket-friendly and can become your go-to Gimbal.
It is compact in design, making it ideal for mounting the Nikon Z6 and Z6II cameras without damaging the eyepiece. It is easy to assemble and use with your camera.
The Tiny Giant makes it easy to create stabilized videos with minimal effort. It is light enough to handle large DSLRs and mirrorless cameras. It is easy to capture videos by switching between low and upright modes.
Zhiyun’s Weebill S, a Zhiyun-designed model that eliminates many extra steps, is an out-of-the-box model.
It is easy to access the follow mode, can follow, and POV modes. This Gimbal has a great POV mode. You can lock the keypad with the LV button to prevent accidental pressing.
Weebill S handles mirrorless and DSLR cameras and lens combinations with ease. The battery backup can last up to 14 hours and is a real surprise. It can be fully charged in just 2 hours.
Weebill S is far better than other gimbals. Your arms can get tired from holding a gimbal too long. However, a compact package like this is ideal for your Nikon Z6 and Z6 II cameras.
8. DJI RS 2 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Carbon Fiber Axis Arms
- Built-in LCD
- ActiveTrack 3.0
- SuperSmooth mode
- Axis Locks
DJI’s Professional Gimbal is finally here. This will be the next step in video production. DJI RS 2 is a versatile stabilizer for your Nikon Z6 & Z6II. You have complete control over the entire process, from Stabilization to full control.
DJI waited for other manufacturers’ new features to come out, and they did so in a better design and at an affordable price. The RS 2 isn’t just a gimbal; it is a complete package for cinematographers.
The DJI RS 2 made with Monocoque Carbon Fibre is the best Gimbal for those who want a lightweight but strong axis arm. This Gimbal has the best weight-to-payload ratio.
The New Algorithm allows you to capture smoother footage. The battery lasts approximately 12 hours and can be fully charged in 1.5 hours. It is easy to switch between the Sport Mode and Portrait Mode, Selfie Mode, and the Re-Center Mode.
You can easily shoot 360 Roll videos with your Nikon Z6 and Z6II cameras. This feature is perfect for mirrorless cameras. You can even settle the Gimbal with less force before changing or using the lens.
You can customize the trigger and focus by using them.
DJI RS2 provides industry-leading Stabilization, making it ideal for filmmaking. It is compatible with modern cameras like Nikon Z6 and Z6II
What to Look For In A Gimbal
Z6 is more targeted at videographers. The Nikon Z6 video specs are a great choice if the video is important to you when buying a new camera. These lenses can be used with the Nikon Z mount using the FTZ adapter included in the kit.
The Z6’s autofocus is excellent and the 2.0 firmware supports eye autofocus.
Nikon now has all its experience, which eliminates some of the well-known issues in retro-focus lenses. The shorter flange and wider opening allow for more light to reach the sensor. This effectively increases the ISO that you can use. Nikon offers high-resolution LCD and frame rates.
Nikon Z6’s 5-axis IBIS system can reduce blurring, and image shakes. S-line primes excel in sharpness, color, and contrast.
You have many options to expand your horizons, including multiple exposures and focus shifts. You can see how the image will look right before clicking. This is unlike DSLRs, where you need to verify that the photo was clicked correctly.
- Gimbal weight: Choose a gimbal that is lightweight and won’t cause fatigue during a shoot.
- Maximum payload: A DSLR and lens combination can be quite heavy so ensure you get a stabilizer that is strong enough to handle your camera.
- Balance features: A gimbal that has a quick-release platform and other features will make it easier to balance your camera on the gimbal.
Check out our article on the best gimbal for Sony A6400 to learn more, if you wanna
1. Is it worth buying a gimbal
A gimbal can be a great tool if you need to capture images of moving objects. Camera gimbals have many other advantages. They are quicker to set up than professional stabilization gear.
2. Is Nikon Z6 discontinued?
The Nikon Z7, Nikon Z6, and Nikon Z7 are the first full-frame mirrorless cameras. … The Nikon 1 series was a mirrorless camera. Although 12 system lenses were made and ten bodies produced, the system was not popular and was eventually discontinued in 2018.
3. How do I set Nikon Z6 Up?
We have listed the top gimbals that will work with your Nikon Z6. These gimbals can be used in any mode of your camera. They offer the best performance.
Any of the above-mentioned Gimbals can be paired with any Nikon Z6 camera. We guarantee you’ll feel on top of the world after witnessing the chemistry between them. The Gimbal and Camera combination makes it easy to shoot your videos. It is an essential tool for professional videographers and bloggers alike.
Please share this post if you found it helpful so that others might see its contents as well! Thank you for reading!