If you’re interested in streaming virtual reality content on Twitch, there are a few things you need to know. In this article, we’ll outline the basics of streaming VR content on Twitch and provide some tips on how to get started.
Equipment You Need To Stream VR on Twitch
You will need equipment before you can stream. This is both logical as well as something you might invest in later.
You will need a computer that can support VR and stream simultaneously. If you don’t own a PlayStation yet, or prefer to play with it, you can use your computer instead.
A good VR headset is essential, as well as any accessories such as Oculus Rift and Oculus Quest, PSVR, PSVR, and HTC Vive.
You can make it appear that you are playing the game by using a green screen to filter your background.
Your viewers will enjoy seeing you moving in VR. You don’t need to be a streamer faceless to use VR. There are programs that can load an avatar for you.
Suppose you are using the VR headset on the PlayStation. This is not necessary if you want to also use your stream overlays.
A Wireless headset allows you to stream from your computer while still hearing your notifications and playing your favorite games.
Programs You Need to Stream VR on Twitch
You will need programs to manage your VR stream. Depending on the type of stream you are creating, some of these programs may be optional.
- Streaming software such as OBS and Streamlabs.
- SteamVR, Oculus Setup, or any other software required to play the game.
- LIV (or OVR Toolkit) is for your twitch chats and alerts. It can be difficult to keep track of chats and alerts when you wear a headset. Software that allows you to see what’s going on and to communicate with your viewers.
How to Stream VR on Twitch
We now have a better understanding of what is required before we can begin to connect everything.
For streaming on your PC
If you have an HTC Vive or Oculus, your PC will be used to stream.
These are the steps that you need to follow:
- Play the streamed game that you like.
- Open streaming software such as Streamlabs, OBS, etc., and ensure that you have connected your Twitch Account.
- Click on Scene to Add a New Source
- Choose Game Capture to be the source
- Click Capture Specific Window from the Mode drop-down list
- Choose VR Capture from the drop-down list in Window. Or the title of your game. VR Capture will show the walls surrounding the play area while choosing the game will allow viewers to view the gameplay.
- Alternatively, you can use LIV to view your chat overlay.
- Next, adjust your screen to fit your overlay. Once you click Go Live, you are good to go!
You Can Stream via PlayStation
Instead of streaming from a PSVR, you can stream from your PlayStation console. These steps will help you do this:
- Start streaming the game that interests you
- Use your PlayStation controller to press the Share button
- Broadcast Gameplay
- Choose the streaming service you prefer, such as Twitch
- Select a title and set your stream quality settings. At least 1080p on High
- Click Start Broadcasting to see Twitch chat appear to the right. This will allow you to play live.
For streaming via PlayStation With an overlay
There are ways to integrate an overlay you already have. This will require a capture card, which will act as an additional webcam for your game. Simply:
- HDMI connects your PlayStation to your computer’s capture card
- Turn on your PlayStation console and open your streaming software (OBS or Streamlabs).
- Add Video Capture Device to your streaming software by going to Scenes
- You can choose either an existing source, if it is already set up, or a brand new one (name it so that you know which one is which).
- Select the capture card that you’re using under “device” In the properties settings of the video capture device. (In my instance, this is USB video.)
- Your PlayStation feed should now appear on your computer screen. If it’s not, the HDMI might be in an incorrect slot or you may need the HDCP (High Bandwidth Digital Content Protection).
- Next, choose Audio Input Capture to add another source.
- Select your audio recorder from the drop-down list
- After the audio has been set up, you will be good to go!
You will need to make sure your computer is ready for the overlay chat. The overlay will take precedence over all other chat windows.
1. Is it legal to watch Beat Saber online?
We just wanted to point out that the song Fitbit, as well as all tracks from OST 1, OST 2, OST 3, and the Rocket League x Monstercat Music Pack, have Content ID turned off and maybe streamed without restriction.
2. Is Beat Saber’s music protected by copyright?
Because of copyright concerns, this function is permanently disabled. Some of the music in the game are not available for streaming since Beat Saber does not possess the rights to them.
3. How do I use Oculus to stream?
- Launch the Oculus app on your smartphone.
- Select in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Select the headset you want to cast from under Cast From.
- Select This Phone or the Chromecast device you wish to use under Cast To.
- To begin casting, tap Start at the bottom of your screen, put on your headset, and accept the in-VR prompt.
That’s all there is to it for how to stream VR on Twitch; Lucidcam hopes it was useful. If you like this post, please share it with your friends and family on social media platforms such as Facebook, Whatsapp, Hike, BBM, Wechat, Instagram, Line, Viber, Pinterest, StumbleUpon, Twitter, and others. Keep in touch with us for more helpful hints.