Holy Stone is synonymous with high-quality, feature-rich gadgets. The Holy Stone HS700 drone has no exception. It is a popular choice for both beginners and experienced droners due to its sturdy build and an impressive camera. Despite being made of plastic, the Holy Stone HS700’s body is lightweight and resists damage from crashes. This makes it attractive for beginners.
In this blog, we will be discussing the different features of this drone and why it may be the right choice for you.
Holy Stone HS700 Reviews
- You can fly for up to 20 minutes on one charge of the 2800mAh Lipo battery.
- High definition aerial photos and videos can be captured with the 1080P HD camera
- A reliable transmission system provides a solid FPV flying experience.
- With a push of a button, the drone can easily take off and land.
- You can control your drone easily by using Return to Home (RTH), which automatically detects when the battery is low or when there is no signal.
- Altitude Hold allows the drone to hover stable and precisely in the air.
- Headless Mode allows you to concentrate on the flight and not lose your direction. No matter what direction you are facing, the drone will always move forward when your left stick is pushed up.
- The drone can follow you or fly in circles along the route you have set.
- The dedicated App Ophelia supports remote control and phone/tablet control. It allows you to control the drone easily and set the settings.
- A low-battery alert allows you to land your drone quickly before it runs out. High visibility is achieved by LED lights, even in low-light environments.
- Very responsive
- Long flight time (About 17.5 minutes)
- It’s easy to set up
- Durable and well-constructed
- Excellent control range and length
- Low latency FPV
- Customer support is responsive.
- Great GPS and reliable return to home
- Excellent visibility thanks to the bright, red-colored, and green lights that are located under each propeller
- Brushless motors, no need to cool down between flights
- Charging takes longer than 5 hours and can take too much time
- No stabilization system. The camera is not gimbal-mounted.
- Drop-frame issues were found in the recorded video.
- There is not much information about the camera via the app (no shutter or resolution, and/or customizable settings).
- It doesn’t allow for you to adjust your camera angle during flight
- Flying in an area without a data connection does not mean that there is no map.
- Videos and photos don’t automatically get downloaded to your iPad and phone. You need to use the drone, take out the SD card and then insert it into your computer’s card reader.
What’s Inside The Box?
- Drone HS700
- Remote Controller
- Drone Battery
- Propeller x 8
- Landing Gear x2
- Camera Holder
- Phone Holder
- Balance charger
- Charge Transfer Box
- USB Cable
- Propeller Spanner
Build Quality and Design
Holy Stone HS700 FPV drones are lightweight and compact making them ideal for travel and portability. Its size and weight make it more suitable for flying outdoors than indoors.
Its construction is strong and durable. However, the Holy Stone HS700 doesn’t come with protection guards, so it is highly recommended that pilots keep a safe distance from each other during operation.
The complete package includes a transmitter, camera, battery, camera, and charging cables. There are 8 propellers.
One of the important things before buying a drone is camera quality. The drone includes an adjustable 90deg 2K FHD camera. This camera features a FOV (field-of-view) of 110deg lenses that give a panoramic view. This makes it easy to capture memorable moments or those you may want to forget. The social app allows you to edit the footage and share it directly with your social network.
This camera can also be used with GoPro cameras. These are easy to install and remove.
This type of motor will give you a quiet, powerful drone. A brushed motor has a shorter working life than a brushless one. This makes it easy to maintain your drone. The HS700 drone runs more efficiently thanks to its quick-release propellers.
The 1500KV brushless motor is long-lasting and will not fail due to high temperatures or crashes like brushed motors.
The maximum flight time for the HS700 is 22 minutes. This flight time can be achieved by a 2800mAh High-Capacity battery. It will also notify you when it is running low on power. This drone has a much longer flight time than other drones at this price.
You can fly a substantial flight with this much time. It is simple to replace the battery or insert it.
Auto-return ensures that the drone will fly back to you as instructed by the Take-off Point regardless of whether it loses connection or goes out of range.
Custom Flight Plan
This type of flight plan can be used with TapFly. Tap to create a track for your drone to follow. The drone can also be directed in a particular direction by drawing a route. You can also use the Point of Interest feature to direct the drone clockwise around a point. It can glide up to 25km in the wind and 60km in the downwind.
The headless mode allows you to easily adjust the drone’s direction.
As a robotics engineer, performance and functionality are important to me. The HS700’s noise-free flight efficiency impressed me, and I have to say that it was a pleasure to fly.
The brushless motor, which is 1,500KV in size, gives the drone a speed of 25 km/h upward and 60 km/h downward.
The ‘Follow Me” mode, which allows the drone to follow the user’s commands, is another exciting feature. The Holy Stone mobile app allows you to set a route for the drone.
Pilots will be able to control the drone’s direction by using the ‘Headless mode.’ During my trip to Thailand, the drone was not visible anymore. I put the GPS tracker that came with the drone to the test. It provided me with the exact location of the drone in real-time!
It is simple to launch the drone by using one key. The quick-release propellers can be set up without any tools. It will keep the drone in a steady flight because it locks its altitude and has an easy way to control its direction using a headless mode. This allows you to focus on the camera control and get more complex shots.
It says 2.4 GHz on the package. This is the frequency displayed on the remote control. The WIFI frequency is 5 GHz. You will get clear transmissions up to 2600ft with the live 5GHz transmission of video.
The LCD screen on this controller is LCD. This screen displays the time and distance of the flight, the position of the drone, and battery status. It also shows how many satellites are connected.
The GPS, which automatically reroutes and returns the drone to its original take-off point when the battery reaches a critical level, is by far the most important safety feature on the Holy Stone HS700.
The drone will back to the point it took off from or to the pilot if it loses its connection. It is impossible to lose the drone if it is out of range.
These safety features give drone owners peace of mind knowing that it is unlikely they will lose it or crash it while flying out of range. Operators don’t have to keep an eye on the battery as it returns home.
Images Storage and Transmission
Holy Stone HS700 has a 5G transmission technology that allows for clear and crisp images as well as transmission of video. The camera comes with an 8GB memory card, which can be easily swapped with another card if necessary.
Holy Stone HS700 lets you control your remote with both your phone and a remote controller. The 2.4GHz frequency limits the distance that live video transmission can be transmitted when flying with a remote controller. It can reach 400m when you use your phone to control it. Many users reported that video transmission of quality was very stable and almost no laggy during flight.
It is important to consider the design and construction of your drone. This can increase its durability. You can never be sure of your drone’s safety, no matter how skilled you are. The HS700 is a durable and sturdy design.
Easy To Use
This drone is not difficult to set up and manage. Quick-release propellers are easy to mount without any need for screws. One key can be used to launch the drone and land it. RTH (Return To Home) allows the drone to hover in the air once it has taken off. Intelligent flight modes such as Headless Mode or Follow me make it easier to control the drone and add more joy.
The Holy Stone HS700 is smaller than a quadcopter such as a DJI Phantom, but it is still too large for your pocket. The foldable design is not available, so you will need to carry it around with you when you travel or hike.
What Others Are Saying
Customers who purchased the drone reported that it is not difficult to use and that the LCD screen is great for relaying information such as location and battery life to pilots.
The camera’s quality and pro-videography capabilities have been praised by many. It is the perfect drone for those who want to use a drone for their personal enjoyment, but also for professional purposes like videography and photography.
Droners initially questioned the drone’s durability as it was made of plastic. However, after flying and handling it, they found that they were not concerned at all. The drone’s superior build, craftsmanship, and durability are evident.
Things to Consider Before You Buy
There are many things you should consider before buying a drone. We have put together a list to help you. Check it out if you don’t know what to focus on!
- Usage: Use the drone for what? You can use the drone for commercial photography, practice, or simply to have fun flying.
- Your budget. Prices range from $20 to several thousand dollars. It will make the process easier if you have a budget in mind.
- Camera and stabilization: Some people think the camera is only about what they want in a drone. Are you expecting stable photos and videos from your drone?
- Flight Performance: This refers to flight time, control range, and flight speed. A good drone should be able to sustain flight for more than 10 minutes and can fly long distances at high speed.
- Transmissions: A reliable transmission system will give you a better experience in FPV flying and more confidence, especially when you are looking to fly long distances.
- Durability: There is always a chance that your drone will be damaged, no matter how experienced you are. Good durability can help you avoid unnecessary worry and save money.
- It is easy to use: The majority of drones can now fly. However, there are still some things to be done, such as mounting propellers and batteries, and calibration.
- Do you have to register? You will need an FAA license if you plan to use a drone weighing more than xx g. You might also find similar regulations if you’re outside the US.
- Customer Service: If you get a defective drone, can you get your replacement quickly? Are there channels that you can use to help you resolve any issues you have before you fly?
Here are the full reviews of Holy Stone HS700. If you are interested in knowing more about other Holy Stone drone reviews, then check out:
- Holy Stone HS110G Review 2021: Best Choice For You
- Holy Stone HS110D Review 2021: Best Choice For You
- Holy Stone HS700D Review 2021: Best Choice For You
- Holy Stone HS165 Review 2021: Best Choice For You
The Holy Stone HS700 drone costs less than $400 and provides far more value than comparably-priced drones. Although some drones have a shorter charge time, you may compensate by purchasing an extra battery. Its flying period of 20 minutes is longer than that of many other drones in its class, which have flight times ranging from 8 to 10 minutes.
The Holy Stone HS700 is ideal for both beginning and intermediate drone pilots searching for an inexpensive drone with sophisticated capabilities seen exclusively on high-end drones.