Zhiyun Smooth 4 and the Zhiyun Smooth Q both offer new features that make it easier to shoot, edit, and share your videos. The new Zhiyun Smooth 4 has a new joystick controller that makes it easier to control your shot and add camera motion to your video. And the Zhiyun Smooth Q adds another motor for more stable shooting on multiple axes.
In this blog, we will be comparing the Zhiyun Smooth 4 vs Smooth Q to help you decide which gimbal is best for you.
Zhiyun Smooth 4
- Smartphones up to 7.4 oz in weight and up to 3.35′ tall
- Large Zoom/Zoom Wheel Left-Side
- Quick-Response “PhoneGo”
- Dolly/Zoom “Vertigo” Effect
- Large, cine-style zoom/focus wheel
- ZY Play app allows you to control certain iOS/Android devices
- “Vertigo” effect and quick-response phone modes
- Multiple time-lapses and follow-mode
- 320deg pan, 240deg tilt and 240deg roll
- 12-hour runtime, with the ability to use an outside power pack
- While you are shooting, charge your phone
- It is simple to use
- The app is very helpful for answering questions
- Only one gimbal offers zoom and focuses pull features
- The user handbook isn’t as useful when it comes to guidance
- Not compatible and controllable with certain phone models
Smooth 4 video stabilizing gimbals is among the best. This is a less expensive version of DJI Osmo 2. This video stabilizing device is very versatile. The phone clasp can be adjusted to fit almost any smartphone. It can be used with phones as large as the Galaxy Note 8 and the iPhone XR.
The video stabilizing device gimbal works off Bluetooth. To get it started, you will need to connect your smartphone to Bluetooth. The gimbal can smoothen your video by connecting to Bluetooth. It will give you an almost cinema-like effect in smoothness.
The Smooth4 can be powered by Bluetooth. It also has its own battery. Although it is a durable battery, you should make sure that it is fully charged before recording any video.
There are a number of shortcuts on the Zhiyun Smooth 4 that can be found right on your handle. This makes it much easier to use all of the functions and features available. The handle allows you to access functions such as object tracking, start/stop video recording, stop/record, slow motion, shutter, and others.
Remember to balance your gimbal before you begin recording. Zhiyun has video tutorials that show you how to balance the gimbal. However, it is important to move your smartphone as close to the tilt motor as possible.
- Smartphones Supported up to 7.8-Ounce
- When shooting, charge via USB
- One-Step Balancing Knob
- 12-Hour Run Time
- Quickly switch to the vertical mode when taking portraits
- A powerful torque motor can remove the need to use counterweights when using accessories or iPhone 7 Plus
- You can charge your phone with a USB cable while you are shooting
- Panorama, face-tracking and time-lapse
- Quick auto-focus
- Zhiyun Tech ZY Play app
- Excellent footage.
- Configured easily
- Battery lasts a long time
- Supports sleep mode not
Zhiyun also has the Smooth Q, a video stabilizing gimbal that is slightly more affordable than the Smooth4. It can be used with any smartphone, just like Smooth4. You can attach a GoPro Adapter to this gimbal, but it is not included.
The Smooth Q has three electronic brushless motors that will keep your video quality is smooth and quiet. The Smooth Q can operate via Bluetooth. This means that you will need to monitor the battery life. It should last 12 hours before you need to recharge it again.
There are not many shortcuts available on the handle. The handle offers options for zooming in or out, start and stop recording, shutter and shutter. The app also has other functions such as panorama, time-lapse and other functions.
This gimbal has a downside: It’s made of lower-quality materials. It is not easy to use with heavier smartphones. It’s fine if you don’t have a lot of money. Smooth 4 is an excellent choice if you have more money.
Zhiyun Smooth 4 vs SmoothQ – Similarities
The controls of the Smooth-4 are easier to use and more intuitively laid out than those of the Zhiyun Tech Smooth 3. Smooth4 has a larger focus/zoom wheel, a PhoneGo mode for quickly grabbing the action, and multiple time-lapse functions. It also features object tracking.
Let’s take a look at similarities between Zhiyun Smooth Q 3 Axis Mobile Gimbal Stabilizer and Smooth 4-Axis Mobile Gimbal Stabilizer.
These handheld stabilizers for gimbals have three axes that provide complete support for the device. The three-axis feature allows my phone to remain independent and can rotate as needed during filming.
Battery Life Expectancy
Both stabilizers can be used for a total of 12 hours. The time was sufficient, and the stabilizers worked well for most videos. However, recording videos can take a while.
Differences Between Zhiyun Smooth-Q And Smooth 4
It will be much easier to choose the right Zhiyun Smooth mobile gimbal stabilizer for you once you have compared their differences. Let’s take a look at the differences.
Design and Size
- Zhiyun Smooth-Q measures 12.6×4.72×4.72 inches and weighs 0.98 pounds. The device is black with multiple rotational features. The device has a 360-degree pan rotation, a roll of 325 degrees, and a tilting of 320 degrees.
- Smooth four measures 4.84×4.13×12.91 inches and weighs in at 2.2 pounds. Zhiyun Smooth4 comes in black. It also features multiple rotational functions. It can tilt up to 300 degrees, roll up to a maximum of 220 degrees, and pitch tilt up to 240 degrees.
Ports and Battery
- The Zhiyun Smooth-Q has one USB port, which is very handy for plugging in external devices like lenses, microphones, and the like. If required, it can also be used as a backup power source. It comes with a 3400 mAh high-powered battery, which is higher than the standard for gimbal stabilizers.
- The Smooth 4 has one USB C port, and a 2000 mAh battery.
Smooth 4 vs Smooth Q- Features
Zhiyun Smooth Q
Zhiyun Smooth-Q has many features that I was able to access and use. It can be connected via Bluetooth. I was able to use the instant zooming feature to focus on my videos and record them. It is sturdy and large enough to be used with larger phones. This stabilizer has an electronic stabilizing system that uses the 5th Generation algorithm.
It can hold a maximum payload of up to 200g. My device was able to automatically focus using the Object Tracking function, which worked well during live video sessions. The slow-motion, time-lapse, and long exposure features allowed me to be more creative.
Zhiyun Smooth 4
The control panel is sleek and easy to use, with different modes easily recognized by the buttons at the stabilizer’s back. There are multiple switches, such as the Vertigo shot and the Roll angle timelapse buttons.
You can charge the Zhiyun Smooth4 in two different ways, and it will last for longer. The FN switch button lets you focus and zoom in on your phone automatically. This allowed me to take more creative shots. This stabilizer has multiple Timelapse settings, including slow motion, hyper-lapse, and motion lapse. Object tracking is a method of tracking objects and movements during the recording of shots.
Here is the full of Zhiyu smooth4 vs smooth q. if you are interested in knowing more about other comparisons, then check out:
When it comes to choosing a gimbal for your smartphone, there are many factors to consider. One of the most important factors is the size and weight of the gimbal. If you’re looking for a gimbal that’s small and lightweight, then the Zhiyun Smooth 4 Grip is a great option.
The Smooth 4 Grip is only 4.1 inches tall and weighs just over a pound. It’s also compatible with a wide range of smartphones, including the iPhone 6 Plus and 7 Plus.
If you’re looking for a gimbal that’s a bit larger and more versatile, then the Zhiyun Smooth Q Grip is a good option. The Smooth Q Grip is 6.3 inches tall and weighs 1.6 pounds.
It’s compatible with a wide range of smartphones, including the iPhone 6 Plus and 7 Plus. It also has a built-in tripod, so you can use it as a stand-alone gimbal or mount it on a tripod.
The Pan Follow Mode, Lock Mode, and Full Follow Mode are all available on both of the gimbals.
The Smooth 4, on the other hand, does not offer a really excellent Selfie Mode.
Can the smooth four track?
Smooth 4 is capable of producing smooth film and also has the ability to track things, including human faces, with a significantly better degree of precision. You can select the object on the screen that you want the stabilizer to track, and it will handle the rest of the tracking for you. Smooth 4 makes shooting significantly less difficult than it was in the past.
How do you balance smooth Q?
How do you use Vertigo on smooth 4?
The Zhiyun Smooth-Q is a great option. It works well with few to no problems, has better rotation settings, and supports multiple plus-sized smartphones. This model is cheaper than the Zhiyun Smooth 4 but will still provide great value. Zhiyun Smooth Q is a great option if you are on a budget. Smooth 4 is a better choice if you are looking for more features and advanced features, optimum stability.