Looking for an LCD screen for your GoPro HERO camera? Here is a review of the best GoPro LCD screens on the market. These screens can help you frame your shots and make sure you are getting the perfect video or photo.
GoPro Hero LCD Review
- Design that is tough.
- Numerous mounts are available.
- Built-in Wi-Fi.
- Video capture at 1080p60 Extremely large field of view.
- Accessible at an affordable price
- Interface is clunky
- The front LCD is not backlit. It cannot be removed from the case.
- The battery is not interchangeable in the field. Recording time of two hours per charge.
- The lens exhibits a lot of distortion.
- Omits image stabilization.
- Tripod use requires an optional accessory.
The screen is not something you will find on most competitors. You don’t need this feature if you only want the high-quality video to share online.
As long as you are willing to accept the Hero+ LCD’s design. This camera, like the Hero, is always in its rugged housing. This is a positive feature as the camera cannot fall out and is protected. The housing cannot be pulled out, so if it does get damaged, you won’t be able to swap it for another one. It can withstand a lot of abuse, but if you scratch the lens glass, you are stuck.
This also means that there is no removable battery, so you don’t have to change the battery during a shoot. To keep your recording going, you can either connect to an external battery or plug it in through the Micro-USB port. You’ll have to wait for the battery pack to charge, which can take several hours. Although there may be an add-on battery pack, such as the Limefuel Epic L40GH, available for the Hero, it would block the screen.
The microSDHC card slot supports cards up to 64GB, and the Micro-USB port is located next to the screen. What’s the problem? Micro-HDMI ports are missing from the Hero, which allows you to playback directly from your camera to an HDTV or display. It’s not a major loss, but it is a loss.
The housing’s standard, the solid plastic backdoor, is waterproof up to 131 feet (40 meters). A waterproof touch backdoor is available that can be used down to 10 feet (3 m), and a skeleton door allows more sound to reach the mic. This model does not support external mics.
You’ll also receive a Micro-USB Cable for charging and transfers, two adhesive mounts (one flat and one curvy), a quick-release buckle that you can use with the mounts, and a rubber-locking connector to prevent the quick-release buckle from accidentally releasing after a hard impact.
GoPro Studio is a free editing program that you can use to edit your GoPro camera footage. It’s quite simple, but it’s still very useful. It’s also free.
The Hero’s shooting options are slightly better than the Hero’s, but only barely. The resolutions of the video include 1080p at 60 frames per seconds and 720p @ 60fps. GoPro’s SuperView feature allows you to capture 4:3 video at 60 frames per second and digitally stretch it at the sides for a 16:9 length. GoPro’s Auto Low Light feature allows you to turn on the frame rate to reduce darkening in low light.
You can also capture 8-megapixel stills at once at 5fps or in time-lapse sequences that snap continuously at intervals between 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30, and 60 seconds, depending on the settings.
You can change the modes and settings by using the buttons, the monochrome touchscreen in the back, and the touchscreen in the front. Or you can connect with a GoPro Smart Remote or tablet via wireless.
GoPro’s touchscreen navigation is much easier than the Hero 4 Silver. Instead of tapping and swiping through menus, tap on the right side to open the mode menu. The left side opens a context-sensitive menu that relates to the mode you are in. Another nice feature is the ability to cut short clips of 5-, 15, or 30-second durations or grab stills from videos on your camera.
The battery life of your recording device will decrease the more you use it, whether wireless or touchscreen. You can expect to record at 1080p at 60fps, or 2 hours and 30 mins if you set it to SuperView mode at 720p at 60fps.
QuikCapture, which allows you to turn on the camera to start recording by pressing the record button, maximizes battery life. If you don’t take care of your camera, it can be easily turned on and then shut down, draining the battery.
The Hero+ LCD’s video quality is excellent on its own, and it can compete with models costing around $300 like the Drift Ghost-S or Replay XD Prime X. However, only the former has a live-view display. Sony’s Action Cam Mini is another option with its Live View Remote. It is more user-friendly and has better image quality, but it is not as simple to use.
The Hero+ LCD is great for casual viewing on a tablet or smartphone and uploading to YouTube. You’ll notice compression and motion artifacts when viewing the Hero+ LCD at larger sizes. Details are also softened and mushy, as you would expect from a camera in this price range. These effects are even more apparent when shooting in low lighting.
The Hero4 Silver will allow you to view your videos at a larger size, such as on an HDTV. This will result in fewer artifacts and sharper details. It also has a greater dynamic range.
GoPro Hero+ Features
The GoPro Hero+ is an excellent choice for anyone who wants a high-quality action cam that can capture video in both static and dynamic environments. It allows you to remotely control the camera, which will give you an idea of some of the features. You can view and playback clips, as well as create shareable clips. It can also be used with Wi-Fi, and it is waterproof to 40m.
Let’s now dive into other features of the camera.
- The GoPro is small and lightweight. It weighs just 4.3 ounces. You can mount it on any piece of gear or wear it to capture any moment. It is lightweight and portable, considering its weight.
- Video quality of 1080p60 and 720p60 – This guarantees professional quality video or photos that have made the brand famous.
- QuikCapture and SuperView are three settings that can be used to edit photos and modify them to get the shot you want. For more information, see the links.
- Wi-Fi + Bluetooth Compatibility – HERO+ can be used with both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. This allows you to connect to the GoPro App or Smart Remote. Users can control their camera, edit clips, and share clips using the App. The Smart Remote can be purchased by users. It allows them to control multiple GoPros at a distance of 180m. Users can download the GoPro Studio software and the GoPro App for free. The Studio allows users to import and modify their videos before sharing.
- Multipurpose photo capture – HERO+ is capable of taking 8MP photos that can be easily shared. Time Lapse mode allows you to take photos at different times. If you are looking for fast-paced action shots, Burst mode can be used.
- Your GoPro can instantly record with QuikCapture and Highlight Tag. Highlight Tag allows you to easily share and edit the clip.
- Waterproof and Rugged- All GoPros are built with rugged housings that can withstand any type of weather and last up to 40 meters.
GoPro Hero+’s battery life is up to 2 hours. This is quite impressive for a small camera. It is a great choice for people who want to be able to film for longer periods without worrying about the battery dying.
GoPro Hero+ action cameras deliver high-quality images. The Hero+ has a wide-angle lens that can capture 1080p video at 30 frames a second. It also features a touchscreen display, which makes it easy for you to use the camera and view your footage. This is ideal for recording exciting moments while snowboarding, skiing, or bicycling.
You can download the free GoPro Studio software for Windows and Mac. This editor is very basic and is intended for users with little experience in cutting video. You can add and remove points, adjust the speed of video playback, adjust fish-eye distortion, and apply artistic filters. If you need help creating clips, templates are available with music tracks.
- You can check out How To Edit GoPro Videos 2022: Top Full Guide to learn more information when editing your videos
The GoPro Hero LCD is a great action camera for those looking for an affordable option. This camera is perfect for those looking to get into action photography and filming, as it is easy to use and has a range of features. The LCD screen on the back of the camera makes it easy to frame your shots and review your footage, which is great for those just starting out.