No matter what iPhone model you have: 4S, 5S, 5S, 5C, 6, 6Plus, 7, 7S and 8, XSE, 11, or any other. You may encounter one of these problems: The camera app appears to be slow or frozen; the back Camera has a black screen; camera flash won’t sync with photos, etc. We will discuss the solutions and steps to resolve these issues in this blog.
Why Is My Back Camera Not Working
iPhone is a perfect smart gadget. It has unique features and functionalities, a sleek design, and an advanced automation technology mode from Apple. However, many Mobile users complain about camera malfunctions. The Cam often fails to show the rearview or front view clearly and instead displays a black screen. Users can find this frustrating and seek iPhone cam repair service to resolve the problem.
Tip 1: Switch Cameras Rear Or Front Camera
This trick can help you solve the black screen problem on your iPhone without having to visit an iPhone repair workshop.
Sometimes, a simple switch from the rear cam or vice versa can fix a black screen. These steps will help you change your cam:
- Open the Cam App.
- Tap the Flip Camera icon in the bottom right.
- Wait for a while, then tap the icon again.
Tip 2 – Close the Camera App
If you still have a black screen cam problem, flipping the cameras won’t fix it. You can force-quit the Camera app. Here’s how to close the Camera app.
1. Keep your finger up while you swipe across the screen until all open apps are visible.
Note: To operate such a function, Double-tap the Home button on your iPhone if it has one.
2. Tap on the Cam app to make it disappear.
3. Tap on the Cam app icon from your home screen.
Tip 3 – Turn off VoiceOver
Many iPhone users have camera problems when VoiceOver is enabled. Turn it off and restart the Cam app.
It’s a bit surprising that the VoiceOver feature of the iPhone causes the screen to turn black. VoiceOver can be turned off quickly by following these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Accessibility > VoiceOver.
- Turn VoiceOver on.
- Tap the Cam app button again from the home screen.
Tip 4: Update the iOS Version
5. There are high chances of a black screen issue on the iPhone due to the outdated and unstable version of iOS. To fix the problem by updating the iOS version on the mobile device. Unlock the phone and go to the Setting> General> Software Update. To update your iOS device to the stable version, you can tap the Update & download or install Now” button. Before you begin the process, make sure your phone is at least 60% charged.
Tip 5: Clean Off The Cam Lens
It’s possible that dirt or other debris is blocking the lens, causing it to blacken out. If you carry your iPhone around all day, it is easy for gunk and lint to build upon the lens.
Use a microfiber cloth or a soft cloth to gently wipe your lens.
Tip 6: Troubleshooting Third-Party Camera Apps
Native iPhone apps are generally quite reliable. Apps from third-party developers are more likely to experience bugs and crashes, particularly if they are smaller. The problem could be caused by a third-party app.
We recommend that you use the built-in Camera app, but there are a few things you can do if you prefer to continue using your third-party app.
Check first for an update. You might have an older version of the app that is more susceptible to software crashes. To open the App Store, tap on the account icon at the upper right-hand side of the screen. Scroll down to see a list of all your apps that have been updated. Tap Update if you see your third-party cam app in the list.
If this doesn’t work, you can delete the app and then reinstall it. Go to your Homepage, and press and hold the icon for a drop-down menu. To uninstall an app from your iPhone, tap Remove App-> Delete App-> Delete.
After the app is uninstalled, open the App Store and then tap the search tab at the bottom of the screen. To reinstall your third-party camera app tap the install button (it looks like a small blue cloud icon).
Try a different app, or the native Camera app, if the third-party app causes cam malfunctions.
iPhone Camera App Freezes Or Becomes laggy
It can be frustrating to try and take a photo with your iPhone cam, but it is slow and laggy to the point that you lose the moment. Maybe you have tried to open the Camera app, but it has frozen completely, and you are unable to do anything.
Here are some tricks to help you fix the problem next time it happens.
Tip 1: Use the Camera App to Close.
Sometimes, the Camera app freezes up and must be closed and restarted. You can close the Cam app by following these steps:
- Scroll up until you see all your open apps.
- Note: Double-tap the Home button if you have an iPhone with a Home button.
- Locate your Cam app, and swipe up until it disappears.
- Tap on Camera app and open it.
Tip 2: Restart Your iPhone
It may take longer but sometimes, restarting your iPhone can fix cam problems. There are several ways to turn off your iPhone and then on again.
You can restart your iPhone by using the hardware buttons only.
1. Hold the side button or one of the volume buttons, and press and hold.
Notice: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button only if your phone has one.
2. Slide to turn off.
3. Hold the side button down until you see the Apple logo.
If one of your buttons isn’t working, you can turn your iPhone off in Settings:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on General > Shut down
- Slide to turn off your phone.
- You will need to hold down the side button in order to turn your iPhone on again.
Once you see the power slider, To turn off your iPhone, swipe the white and red power icons left to right. After waiting a while, press the power buttons (iPhones that don’t have Face ID) or side buttons (iPhones that have Face ID) to turn your iPhone back on.
Tip 3 – Check For an iOS Upgrade
Old or incompatible software can sometimes cause the Camera app to freeze up or become laggy. You can fix this by checking if there is an iOS update available. Check here to see if an iOS update is available.
- Open the Settings app from your home screen.
- Tap General > Software update.
- Tap Download and Install if an update is available.
- Follow these steps until your iPhone restarts completely.
The Flash On The iPhone Camera Does Not Work
Sometimes, it is necessary to use the cam flash on your iPhone when it is too dark to take photos. In those cases, your flash will not work and ruin the whole picture. Here are some solutions to fix it next time.
Tip 1 – Make Sure That The Flash Is On
This may seem obvious but it can make your iPhone flash not work if the surrounding light is too bright. Make sure your cam flash is on to ensure it turns off. Turn on your flash
- Open the Camera App.
- Tap the flash icon at the top left to turn yellow.
Tip 2 – Turn on the LED Flashlight.
You can turn the flashlight on or off on your iPhone if the flash doesn’t work when you take a photo. To toggle the flashlight on/off button:
- To bring down Control Center, swipe down from the upper-right corner.
- To turn on the flashlight, tap the icon.
- Wait for a second and then tap the button again to turn it on.
- Take another photo by going back to the Cam.
- Remove any iPhone cases or bumpers that have your iPhone inside.
- Make sure the flash lens is free of any obstructions. To clean the flash lens, use a polishing cloth.
- Tap the lightning bolt at the top left of the screen to make sure that the flash is on.
- Restart your iPhone by pressing and holding the Home, Power/Sleep buttons.
- The Control Center will turn on the Flashlight. If the flash works, it is okay.
- Turn off camera location services. Switch off the Camera app by going to Settings > Privacy
Tip 3: Reset All Settings
You should reset your iPhone to factory default settings.
Resetting your iPhone settings can fix any oddities in an app’s settings, including the Camera app issue. This won’t erase all the data, which is the good news. It just resets how you have certain apps set up. To reset your settings:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap General > Reset.
- Tap to Reset All Settings.
- Follow these steps until your iPhone reboots.
1. Why is my iPhone camera not working?
Sometimes, the iPhone’s camera app does not load properly. This causes the black camera screen. If this happens, force close the camera app. Next, swipe up on the interface of your Camera to close the cam app. Wait for five minutes, then restart your phone.
2. Can iPhone flashlight burn out?
3. My Apple camera is not working.
Lucidcam hopes the above-mentioned steps properly, iPhone users follow and can solve the problems.
There could be a number of reasons why your back camera is not working. It could be a simple issue with the camera itself, or it could be a symptom of a larger problem with your phone. If you have tried all of the basic troubleshooting steps and your camera still isn’t working, then it’s likely that you will need to take your phone in for repair.