A GoPro is a small, lightweight camera that can be mounted on almost anything to capture footage while you’re participating in your favorite activity. GoPro cameras are popular among athletes, adventurers, and travel enthusiasts, but they can also be used for everyday activities. If you want to watch your GoPro footage on TV, there are a few different ways to do it.
In this blog, we will discuss the various ways to view GoPro footage on your TV.
How To Watch GoPro On TV
1. HDMI Connect to Play GoPro Video on TV
It’s fine to view footage from your action camera, but it can be difficult to share it with friends. This post will show you how to view your GoPro videos on your TV.
An HDMI cable is probably the easiest way to connect your GoPro with a TV. You will only need a Micro HDMI-to HDMI cable adapter like this one.
You should always start with a fully charged battery.
- Put the GoPro into playback mode by pressing the device’s buttons. Then, connect the TV to the GoPro camera with a Micro HDMI cable or HDMI adaptor.
- Now connect the HDMI cable to your television’s HDMI port. Now, switch on the television. Do the same with the GoPros.
- On TV, there are numerous input modalities to choose from. To view the preview, you must select the suitable HDMI input.
- To select the correct HDMI input, use the remote or the TV’s on/off switch. When you finish, the camera preview feed will appear on the TV.
- You may now play the media using the GoPro’s navigation buttons. You should be able to see both the films and the photographs on the TV
Any model with a micro HDMI output. These models include the Hero4 Black through Hero7 Black numbered models.
2. Watch GoPro on TV Wirelessly
The micro HDMI output is not available on the newer GoPro cameras Hero10, Hero9, and Hero8. The Media Mod that corresponds to your model will be required.
- Step 1: On your iPhone, download and install the GoPro Quik app.
- Step 2: Turn on your action camera . Swipe down on the touch screen to Preferences > Connections > Connect Device > GoPro App.
- Step 3: Return to the app and hit the camera icon on the right top to connect your GoPros.
- Step 4: Select View Media to access the media gallery on your camera
Step 5. Turn on your smart TV and make sure that it shares the same Wi-Fi as your iPhone. Go to Settings and turn on AirPlay.
Step 6. Play the video on your iPhone. Tap the control button, enable AirPlay and tap the TV in the device list. Now you can watch the GoPro footage on your TV
3. Connect the GoPro to the TV with a USB cable.
A USB cord is another simple method to connect your action cam to your TV. You will need a PC as well as a USB 3.0 flash drive. Here’s what you should do:
- Transfer the GoPro files to your computer. You can accomplish this with a USB cord.
- Then, on the PC, activate the “Network discovery” and “File and Printer sharing” options.
- Now, right-click the video or photo file and select “cast.”
- To cast the media to TV, select the TV device to be named.
The good news is that you can use this procedure with any GoPro model. This is due to the fact that you do not need to connect the camera directly in this manner. However, your computer must allow casting in order for this to work. You may also cast media from a smartphone rather than a PC by utilizing “Chromecast” or “Apple AirPlay.”
4. SD Card to View GoPro Footage
This, like the preceding example, is also a possibility. This alternative does not necessitate the use of a computer.
Your camera’s microSD card should be removed. As in the previous stage, it may be plugged into an SD adapter or microSD card reader.
After that, put the adaptor card into your television. Search for the SD Card label. Navigate to the SD Card option in the TV’s menu and enjoy your travels on the big screen.
A microSD card adaptor costs only a few bucks. It’s a good idea to keep an extra microSD card adapter in your luggage. Many microSD cards include one. I have a few of them lying around.
5. GoPro Media on TV via RCA cable
You may not receive the HDMI port if you have a traditional TV. The RCA cable or the composite cable can be used to view the media. Three end cables are included in RCA cables. The wires must be connected to the TV using the same color RCA ports. Connect the GoPros, and you can start previewing media.
You can buy an RCA cable at any of the online or hardware shops. This method will not work with older models. This is only for older GoPro models such as Hero4, Hero3, and Hero3+.
These are the top options for connecting the action camera to your TV. We are confident that you will find the right option to share your GoPro footage with friends and family.
GoPro Video Playback Problems on TV
Error 1. Can’t Play 4K GoPro Videos on TV
Error 2. TV Does not Recognize any Input Signal
Error 3. Lagging Video on Smart TV
Error 4. GoPro Video Flickering On TV/HDTV
1. Is GoPro equipped with HDMI?
2. Does hero 8 have HDMI output?
3. What is the best way to use my GoPro webcam as a webcam?
Your USB cable should be connected to your camera. The other end should be connected to a powered USB port in your computer. Open OBS or Skype and select your action cam as the source. This will usually display as the name for your Cam Link dongle. Go to Settings > Audio and Video > Camera.
- You can check out How To Use GoPro As Webcam 2022: Top Full Guide to learn more information.
If you want to watch GoPro footage on your TV, there are a few different ways to do it. You can either use the GoPro app to watch footage on your phone or tablet and then cast it to your TV, or you can use a separate device to convert the footage into a format that your TV can understand. Whichever method you choose, you’re sure to enjoy watching your GoPro footage on the big screen!
Please share this post if you found it helpful so that others might see its contents as well! Thank you for reading!