If you are looking for a guide on how to use the camera on your Chromebook, you have come to the right place. In this article, we will show you how to use the camera on your Chromebook and some of the best ways to use it.
How to Take a Photo
Google has recently released Chrome OS 76 stable. This version includes a lot of new features, such as Virtual Desks. Google has moved the shutter button to the right, added landscape mode, and made some improvements to the shutter speed.
This tutorial will be using the stock Chromebook cam application, but you can also use any other camera app from Google Play Store.
Open the Camera app on Chromebook. It will be under the launcher menu. Tap the “Search” button at the keyboard to search for “Camera.” Or, click “All Apps” and look for the camera icon.
To snap a photo, simply click on the shutter button located on the right side of the app.
The default orientation of the photo is landscape. If you click “Square” before pressing the shutter button, your photos can be made square with identical landscape and portrait dimensions.
A thumbnail of your most recent image will be displayed in the bottom-right corner as soon as you press the shutter button. To capture more photos, you can press the shutter key.
You can also find three additional icons on the left side to assist you in taking photos with your Chromebook. To do the following:
- Mirror the Photo: Change the perspective of the cam from left to right.
- Gridlines: Use gridlines to straighten your photo before you snap it.
- Timer: Use a delayed timer to take photos
Notification: You will see a fourth icon that allows you to switch between active and passive cameras if there is more than one Camera installed on your Chromebook.
Click on the gear icon to adjust the size of the camera grid and the timer length. This will open the Settings menu.
To change the grid type or duration, click on “Grid Type” You have the option to choose from 3×3, 4×4, or the Golden Ratio. There are also 3- and 10-second delays.
- Select the Launcher in the corner of the screen.
- Open Camera. Then, on the right side, choose an option:
- Select Photo --> take photo.
- Select Video -->Begin recording.
- Select Square -->Take a photo
How To Locate Your Photos
Once you have taken your images, you will need to locate the photos on your Chromebook so you can view, edit and share them with family and friends. You can do this directly in the Cam app, or within the Files app
Change How Photos Or Videos Are Captured
- Change your settings: Select Settings. You can change the size and camera resolution of the grid as well as the timer’s length.
- Flip your image from left to right. Select Mirror.
- To straighten photos, use gridlines: Select Grid.
- Switch between cameras: To the left, select Switch camera. Tip: You cannot switch cameras if an external camera is connected or your Chromebook contains 2 built-in camera.
- Take a photo using a timer. Select Timer.
- Take photos using the volume buttons. When Chromebook is in tablet mode you can press the volume button up or down to take a picture.
How Can You Save An Image To a Chromebook
Here’s how to save web photos to your Chromebook’s local storage.
- Open Chrome on the desktop.
- Save an image you like. …
- Right-click on the image to select “Save as …”
- If you wish to change the name of your image, do so.
- Click on the Save button.
- Click on the image to view it in the Downloads Bar.
How can I Transfer Photos From My Iphone Onto My Chromebook?
Google has now added a Google+ Photo Syncing feature to Chrome. This allows you to sync to your iPhone to Chromebook. Simply tap the dots icon at the bottom of your screen to navigate to Google+ Photos.
How can I View Photos on Chromebook?
The image editor allows you to open a photo.
- Register to access your Chromebook.
- Click on the Launcher
- Click Files.
- Locate the photo that you wish to open. You might save it in “My Drive” and “Downloads“.
- Double-click the image.
View all your photos and videos: Click the bottom right corner to see the Cam. Select the thumbnail of the most recent photo or video. Double-click the thumbnail to make the photo or video larger
How Can I Transfer Photos From My Android Phone Onto My Chromebook?
Unlock the Chromebook by connecting your Android tablet or smartphone to it via USB. The chrome file manager will automatically open (along with Google+ Photos, if Google+ Photos is installed on your Chrome device). From there, you can browse, open, and copy files.
How Can You Crop A Photo On A Chromebook?
Chrome OS can crop the image and auto-fix it. You can also adjust the brightness, contrast, and orientation of the image. The Chrome OS photo editor is quite simple.