If you’re looking for an easy way to set up a home security system, Blink cameras are a great option. In this article, we’ll show you how to get started with your Blink camera
How to Set Up a Blink Outdoor Camera
The Blink smart cameras make it easy and affordable to install a home security system. Amazon smart cameras allow you to monitor your home from anywhere in the world. You can also record videos locally and to the cloud, and get alerts when motion is detected. How to install and configure your Blink smart camera, see a live view and receive motion alerts.
There are four steps to get your outdoor camera working.
- Install the Blink App and create an Account.
- Add a Sync Module to the app and create a new system.
- Your Blink Outdoor Camera(s), can be added to the Blink App.
- Mount your camera.
These steps are simple and do not require professional assistance. You can start using your camera within minutes!
- Get the Blink App, and create an account
- Downloading the app and creating an Account are the first steps in setting up your Blink Outdoor camera. If this is your first Blink product, and you don’t have an account or the app already, then this step is not necessary.
- Get the Blink app.
- Tap “create account” button in the app.
- Choose your country and region.
- Enter your email address and create a password to your account. This will be your login information every time you log in, so keep a record of it after creating it.
- Verify your email.
- Enter the number of the phone you want to associate with this account.
- Verify your number.
- Connect your Amazon account to your Blink account.
These steps will help you create your Blink account. You will need to log back in often to ensure that you have entered all the correct information.
You should now set up the Sync Module if your system comes with it. The Sync Module connects to your Blink cameras and improves their battery life. It also allows you to record video on a USB stick. If you own a Blink Outdoor camera or want to set up multiple Blink cameras, you will need a Sync Module.
Add a Sync Module And Create A System
Once you have created an account and the app is ready to go, it’s time to add a Sync Module to your system. This step is essential because the Sync Module (the hub of Blink) is required for Blink to function. The Sync Module is what you will use to connect your cameras to the Blink app.
Connecting your Sync Module to your computer will create a system. This is basically a category where your camera will be listed. The Sync Module can allow you to have multiple cameras, such as those located in front of your house, under one system.
Open the Blink Home Monitor app, and then tap the plus sign to set up a Sync Module. Select Blink Wireless Camera System and scan the QR code at the back. Follow the on-screen instructions.
These are the exact steps to create a system and add a Sync module:
- Open the Blink app, and click the Add a Device button (” +”) button in the upper right corner.
- If this is your first attempt at setting up a device, select the Blink wireless cam system. This option will allow you to add the Sync Module to your device. After that, you can add more cameras.
- Enter the serial number or scan the QR code that’s located on the Sync Module.
- For the system name, create a new system under which your device will be found. Example: Home Front Yard. ).
- Connect your Sync Module to the power supply and wait for it to blink at one end and then turn on at the other.
- Click the Find Device button.
- The Sync Module’s Wi-Fi will be used to connect to your app. This is “BLINK-“, followed by four digits. Click “Join.”
- Next, connect to your Wi-Fi at home via the app. Next, select your Wi-Fi network and enter the password.
- Now your network should be connected. Click the Done Button.
- Once your network has been successfully connected, the Sync Module will have been successfully connected to the system. Now you can add your cameras.
Adding Cameras in the Blink App
After completing the above steps, you can connect your Blink Outdoor Camera(s). This completes the process of connecting everything.
These are the exact steps you need to follow in order to add your Blink Outdoor Camera.
- Under the newly created system, select Add device (the + button is in the upper right corner).
- Select the Blink wireless camera option.
- Enter the serial number on your Blink Outdoor Camera or scan the QR code.
- You should have successfully added your camera. Tap the Done icon.
This is how you can add additional cameras to this system. If you want to add additional cameras to different systems, follow these steps: “Add a Sync Module to Create a System” Instructions again. Then follow the “adding cameras to create a new system” instructions.
How to Mount Your Blink Camera
Once you have set up your Blink camera using the app, attach the mount to it. Mounting your Blink camera high up is possible if you attach the mount first.
Blink warns against placing cameras that are pointed at waving branches, pedestrian walkways, roads or other areas that have a lot of movement. You will be constantly receiving motion alerts if you do not. You can still set up privacy and motion activity zones later in the app.
Blink cameras are unable to detect horizontal motion and can only detect motion from 20 feet away. If you don’t want your Blink camera to alert you every time someone walks along a path, install it perpendicular to the path.
Place your Blink camera where you want it to be placed. Next, tap the camera icon and take a picture from your camera. You can then reposition the Blink camera until it is exactly where you want.
How To Set Up Motion Detection Alerts
Select Armed to set up motion detection alerts within the Blink Home Monitoring app. To change your motion detection settings, tap the three-line icon located above each camera’s live image.
You can also set up motion zones to disable alerts for certain areas. Scroll down to adjust other settings such as motion sensors and how long it takes for your camera to send an alert after it detects motion.
By tapping the gear icon at your bottom, you can change your motion detection settings. Next, go to Notification Options to select the type of notification you wish to receive.
How To View Your Recorded Videos
Open the Blink Home Monitor App and tap the Clip Roll icon near the bottom of the screen to view your Blink camera videos. Select the clip you wish to view.
To send your video via email or text, tap the share icon. Swipe left to delete a clip and tap Delete. You can also delete all clips by selecting Edit, Mark All, and then Delete.
You can instantly share video clips with other Apple devices by following our step-by-step guide.
1. Are Blink cameras able to record every moment?
Blink is a motion-based camera system. The camera records clips for up to 60 seconds. After that, it pauses for 10 or more seconds and then searches for movement. At most, you will end up with a video recording with many gaps. Blink cameras don’t offer continuous recording. However, you can leave it armed for any period of time.
2. Are Blink cameras compatible with Wi-Fi and Sync Module?
Blink’s original Indoor, XT and XT2 cameras can only be connected to the same Wi-Fi SSID as the Sync Module. If you want to set these cameras up with an extender, make sure that the Wi-Fi extender SSID is the same as the main Wi-Fi network and use the same password.
3. Are Blink cameras able to record without Wi-Fi?
To capture and save the camera feed, Blink cameras need a constant Wi-Fi connection. While the camera will continue to function without Wi-Fi it cannot view the feed.
4. What does the USB port on Blink Sync Module do?
The Sync Module 2 has the ability to use a USB flash drive to store clips from Outdoor, Indoor (gen 2), and Mini cameras. The Sync Module 2 does not come with a USB drive. You will need to purchase one separately. USB drives that are larger than 256GB or smaller than 1GB will not be recognized
5. Why is my Blink not working?
Turn off your Wi-Fi to establish a connection. Check that your mobile device is within reach of the router or access point. Make sure your router is powered on. This issue can also be solved by restarting your Wi-Fi router.
In conclusion, setting up a blink camera is easy. You just need to follow the instructions that come with the camera. First, you need to create an account with the blink. Then, you need to connect the camera to your Wi-Fi network. Finally, you need to download the blink app and follow the on-screen instructions.
Lucidcam hopes this article will be helpful for you. Thank you for reading!