If you’re looking for a way to save YouTube videos to your camera roll, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, Lucidcam will show you how to do it. It’s actually very easy to do and only takes a few minutes. Keep reading to learn more.
How To Save YouTube Videos to iPhone Camera Roll
Saving videos to your camera roll is pretty easy. You can download YouTube video to your camera roll using third-party apps and dedicated browsers. However, it is important to be cautious while downloading YouTube video to your camera roll. Your device could be damaged. You should be aware that not all methods are secure. Learn how to save YouTube from the camera roll.
You will need an app called Documents By Readdle to save YouTube to your iPhone or iPad for offline viewing. This app features a built-in web browser capable of saving video files to your device, something regular iOS web browser apps can’t do.
Method 1: Installed Documents app
Unfortunately, the App Store apps that allow you to download YouTube videos directly are no longer available.
- After you have downloaded and installed Documents By Readdle on iOS, open it.
- Tap the compass icon at the lower-right corner.
- Click the blue-button to go to y2mate.com in the address bar. This will bring up the y2mate app’s website.
- There will be a search box on the y2mate site. This search bar can be used to locate the YouTube video that you are looking for by entering your desired phrase or word, and then click the red arrow button. You may see search results as you type.
- Below the search bar, you will see several YouTube video. Click the green Download video button below the video that you wish to download.
- To find and select the tab you just opened, use the tab button in the bottom right corner of the app.
- Scroll down in this second browser window until you see the green download buttons. A list of possible video resolutions is displayed in a chart. After you have chosen the resolution you prefer, click the green Download button.
- From the pop-up window click Download.mp4 and then enter a name. Optionally, you can choose a different location for the download.
- Tap Done at the top to downloaded video file.
- Tap the folder icon at the lower-left corner.
- Tap Download.
- Your downloaded video should now be visible. When it is finished downloading, tap on the three dots beneath it.
- Tap Copy.
- Tap Photos. You will be asked to grant Documents by Readdle access to your device’s photos. This access must be approved.
- Tap Copy. Your video will now appear in the iOS Photos app on iOS.
Method 2: Using Dr.Fone-Phone Manager (iOS)
You can transfer YouTube video from a Windows PC to your iPhone’s camera roll using Dr.FonePhone Manager (iOS). Continue as follows:
Launch Dr.Fone – Phone Manager on your Windows computer. To start the process, click on the “Phone Manager” module from your home screen.
Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone with the computer. Your computer will display a prompt titled ” Trust this Computer“. To authorize the connection, tap the “Trust” button.
The software will detect your iPhone and open the Videos folder to display all videos.
Click the Import option in the toolbar to transfer YouTube video from your PC to your iPhone.
Next, choose from the “Add Folder or “Add File” options. A browser window will be launched where you’ll need to open the location of the downloaded YouTube video.
You can transfer the selected videos to your iPhone using the Photo app. You can access the selected videos directly in the camera roll.
How to Save YouTube Videos To Camera Roll For Android
You don’t need any extra apps to download YouTube videos to your Android device.
- Open the Google Chrome web browser on your Android device.
- Visit y2mate.com
- Search for the YouTube video link that you wish to download using the search bar. Search results will appear automatically under the search bar as you type.
- Click the green Download button beneath the video that you wish to download.
- The embedded YouTube video will be displayed in a new tab. There are several options to download it. The resolution number will determine the quality of the image and the size of the file.
- Click the green Download button next to the version you wish to download.
- Click Download.mp4. Save videos to your device.
- Open the Files app to locate your file.
- Click Downloads. This folder should contain your video files. It’s now possible to share the video on social media or email it to friends. You can also view it offline.
Using a Third-Party Tool on a Computer
You can download videos to your computer using a variety of tools and applications (Mac/PC). After downloading the videos to your computer, you can save them to your iPhone in a Photo app folder. This will allow you to quickly access them in your camera roll.
ClipGrab is a highly recommended program to download videos from a computer. Here are the steps.
- Install ClipGrab onto your Mac or PC.
- Next, use the search tab to search for the video you want to download. To increase your chances of finding the video you want, be sure to use specific keywords.
- After you have found the video, click the pulldown icon to save it. To view the video on iPhone, you will need to change the format.
- Once you have changed the format, click the Grab this Clip tab to download the video.
- The video will be downloaded to your computer and saved in the Downloads folder.
Other Ways to Save YouTube Videos for Your iPhone
Because many people want YouTube video to be saved to their Camera Roll folder, we have covered it above. This is not the only way to download YouTube video on your iPhone or iPad.
YouTube Premium offers many benefits, as we have already mentioned. The best part is the ability to download videos offline so you can watch them whenever you want. The monthly fee is well worth it if you watch videos offline on an iPhone regularly. This is an official method so there are no risks of breaking any rules.
YouTube Premium is as easy as clicking Download to any video within the app. All your videos will be saved in one location for easy viewing. You can’t export your videos to the YouTube app, and they will expire if YouTube Premium is canceled.
You can also use the bulk YouTube downloading tool from your desktop if you don’t wish to subscribe to Premium. It is much faster. After you’ve converted the videos on your computer, copy the files to your iPhone using a USB cable or wirelessly.
You can also use the awkward but possible workaround of recording the iPhone screen while you are watching the video. This requires that you watch the entire video. It is not ideal. You won’t get the best quality video.
Select from different video quality options: select Full HD or Medium and then hit OK. Your downloaded YouTube videos will then be available under the Downloads section of your YouTube Library.
You Should Save YouTube Videos To Your Camera Roll
Downloading YouTube video for your iOS and Android devices has many benefits.
- The videos can be viewed offline. This is great for traveling.
- The video will not contain any ads.
- It is easy to send the video to other people via email or through an app.
- To create brief clips of specific shots or scenes, you can edit the video.
Why You Shouldn’t Download Youtube Videos To Your Camera Roll
Before downloading a YouTube video, there are some things that you might want to remember:
Many videos are copyright protected and cannot be downloaded. The description of a YouTube video can help you determine the status of its copyright.
You won’t see advertising when you download a video. This means that none of your views will be financially supported by the creator.
You should not upload YouTube video to other websites. This is frowned upon and can lead to your account being canceled.
1. Does YouTube Premium let you save videos to camera roll?
You’ll be able to save all your data to avoid buffering or lower quality. YouTube Premium subscribers have the option to download videos directly from YouTube, but it’s possible to save YouTube videos to your iPhone camera roll.
2. What is saved to camera roll?
It saves a picture to your photos. This works even if the photo is not on your phone.
In conclusion, there are a few ways to save youtube videos to your camera roll. You can use a website or an app to do so, or you can use a third-party video converter. Whichever method you choose, make sure the quality of the saved video is good enough for your needs.
Please share this post if you found it helpful so that others might see its contents as well! Thank you for reading!