Nowadays, Minecraft is not a strange game for kids. That is true; in the age of 4.0 technologies, this kind of game may be played on any digital device. It is easy when using a computer, iPad, or cell phone. But many people are confused about how to play Minecraft VR on Quest 2 and other devices.
By using these methods, we can see that not everyone is able to play VR games. Continue reading the articles below to learn more about this topic.
How to Play Minecraft VR on Quest 2 Using Questcraft or a PC
The greatest VR headset right now is the Oculus Quest 2 (also known as the Meta Quest 2). You can play VR games while sitting or moving around using the $299 headset.
It can be used independently, or it can be tethered to your PC and run PC-based VR games through Wi-Fi, which Oculus refers to as AirLink, or a cable USB connection.
On the Oculus Quest 2, there are three different ways to play Minecraft in virtual reality, each with a different setup process.
QuestCraft, an unofficial adaptation of Minecraft Java that runs as standalone software on the headset and supports a number of modifications as well as room-scale tracking, is the most recent (and probably best) option to use.
It is an unofficial port; therefore, Mojang has the right to break or prohibit it at any time.
Here are the advantages and disadvantages of each approach; see below for installation instructions.
How to Install QuestCraft: Standalone Minecraft VR for Oculus Quest 2
QuestCraft enables you to run the game entirely on the Quest 2, unlike other approaches requiring you to run the game on a PC before transferring the VR pictures through a USB or Wi-Fi connection.
You’ll need to activate developer mode and sideload the APK because it’s an unofficial port of Minecraft Java, but doing so is simple if you follow the instructions below.
For QuestCraft, you’ll still need a valid Minecraft Java account to sign in. Although it’s an unofficial port, there’s always a chance that next upgrades will break it.
- Step 1: On your phone or tablet, Enable developer mode in the Oculus mobile software. To get there, tap Menu->Devices->Developer Mode and toggle it to on.
- Step 2: Download and install SideQuest, if you don’t have it already. You can sideload applications onto the headset with this program.
- Step 3: With the Oculus USB connected to your PC, Launch SideQuest. Your headset should be automatically detected by the app. If this is the first time, a prompt to enable USB debugging will appear on the headset. You should probably select “always allow from this computer” so you won’t be questioned again.
- Step 4: In the SideQuest search field, type “questcraft” and then select the top result.
- Step 5: Tap “Download App” (Sideload). It’ll download and set up. When it is finished, a status bar will appear briefly before disappearing. In our case, the procedure was completed in just ten seconds.
- Step 6: Put on the headset after disconnecting it.
- Step 7: Access the Quest 2’s applications menu by navigating there.
- Step 8: From the pulldown menu, choose “Unknown sources”.
- Step 9: To load QuestCraft, tap on it.
- Step 10: If prompted about using storage, select Ok.
- Step 11: On the QuestCraft splash screen, click Microsoft Login and, if requested, enter your Microsoft account credentials.
- Step 12: By going to Settings->Video and Renderer->Renderer, choose the third option, which is the renderer version gl4es 1.1.5 (Open GL ES 3). As we did not need to conduct this during our testing, it might or might not be required.
- Step 13: Click Play after selecting fabric-loader from the version dropdown menu.
- Step 14: If asked to download OpenGL resources, choose Play Anyway. Clicking OK also functions but can take more time.
The game will load after a brief period of asset download. During the brief period when it is loading, the screen will go black. Do not remove the headset or stop working. It’s almost finished loading when the screen goes red.
Installing mods in QuestCraft: Some Fabric mods, but not all of them, can be installed in QuestCraft.
Connect your Oculus Quest 2 to your PC, then copy the mod files into the Android -> data -> net.kdt.pojavlaunch.debug -> files ->.minecraftmods folder to accomplish this. then kick off the match.
An incompatible mod will cause the game to crash or have other issues. Here is a list of compatible mods that is kept up to date by the community.
How to Configure Oculus Quest 2 to Work in Wired Mode
You must utilize a wired or wireless (Wi-Fi) connection to connect your Oculus Quest 2 to your PC if you don’t want to use QuestCraft.
This holds true whether you want to use Minecraft for Oculus or Vivecraft (Minecraft Java in VR). As you might expect, wired delivers significantly greater performance, but you have to be close to your computer as a trade-off.
It almost goes without saying that in order for Oculus Link(opens in new tab) to function in wired or wireless mode, your PC must fulfill the extremely low system requirements.
A 4th Gen Core i5 or Ryzen 5 or higher CPU, Windows 10 or 11, 8GB of RAM, and some sort of discrete graphics are a few of these requirements.
The system requirements for Minecraft are much lower than these, although a graphics card from the RTX or RX 6000 series from Nvidia or AMD is required to use ray-tracing.
- Step 1: If you don’t already have it, download the Oculus desktop application to your computer.
- Step 2: Open the Oculus application.
- Step 3: Go to the Devices page.
- Step 4: Click Add Headset.
- Step 5: Select Quest 2 and click Continue.
- Step 6: Select Link (Cable) for wired connections. If you wish to use a wireless connection, skip to the section below on using Air Link for wireless connections.
- Step 7: Click Continue after connecting the Oculus Quest 2 to a USB 3 or faster port on your computer.
- Step 8: Select Oculus Link under Quick Settings on the headset. Your headset and controllers will automatically connect to your PC as long as they are linked.
How to Connect Your Oculus Quest 2 to PC via Air Link
Oculus’ Air Link system allows you to connect your Quest 2 headset to your computer wirelessly. Air Link is the slowest option, but it works with both Vivecraft and Minecraft for Oculus (Bedrock).
The PC and the headset need to be on the same network in order for them to function. If the PC is linked through Ethernet, it helps to reduce latency.
If you’re using a mesh network, ensure the router is set up so that both devices may use only one node, or else it won’t work.
- Step 1: Follow steps 2 through 6 in the section above to access the Oculus desktop app’s Devices->Add Headset->Quest 2 menu.
- Step 2: Select Air Link and click Continue.
- Step 3: Navigate to Settings->Experimental Features on the Oculus Quest 2.
- Step 4: Toggle Air Link to on.
- Step 5: Opt for Oculus Air Link under Quick Settings.
- Step 6: Click pair after choosing the PC you want to connect with. Your PC’s screen should display a pairing code.
- Step 7: On the computer, click Confirm.
- Step 8: On the Oculus Quest 2, click Launch after selecting Continue.
How to Launch Minecraft for Oculus (aka Bedrock Edition in VR)
The simplest but most constrained way to play Minecraft in virtual reality is the only first-party solution.
Setting up VR will just take a few seconds if you already have Minecraft Bedrock edition (also known as Minecraft for Windows or non-Java Minecraft) installed. However, unlike with the other techniques, you won’t be allowed to use mods.
- Step 1: Use the address minecraft:/Mode/ to launch Minecraft VR from a desktop shortcut. OpenXR=true. Right-click on your desktop and choose New->Shortcut to accomplish this. Go to minecraft:/Mode/ now, as the Location, enter OpenXR=true, then select Next and give your shortcut the name Minecraft VR (or something similar).
- Step 2: Launch Minecraft on your Oculus Quest 2 by opening the shortcut. At the same moment that Minecraft loads on your desktop, it also appears on the headset view screen. Before the title screen shows, a few seconds may pass.
How to Play Vivecraft (Minecraft Java VR) on Oculus Quest 2
The most immersive VR experience is offered by Vivecraft, a third-party VR launcher for Minecraft Java. With Vivecraft, you may use your arms to carry out actions like attacking, which in other versions requires using the controller. Forge mods are also an option.
Vivecraft requires a wired or wireless connection to your PC, just like minecraft oculus quest 2 does.
- Step 1:Download Vivecraft. Depending on whether you want the most recent version or one that enables Forge mods, there are various versions available. The most recent version that supports Forge as of this writing is 1.16. There are no fabric mods in any version. A version with “NONVR” in the file name should not be installed. Keep in mind that Vivecraft installation requires Java.
- Step 2: Launch the Vivecraft installer. Click “More info” and then “Run Anyway” if you receive a message saying that “Windows protected your PC.”
- Step 3: Install is selected after selecting “Install Vivecraft with Forge”. If you like, you can use this to install mods.
- Step 4: If asked to exit Minecraft Launcher, select OK. First, make sure it is shut.
- Step 5: Click Ok.
- Step 6: Connect your oculus quest 2 headset and launch the oculus desktop app.
- Step 7: Open Steam (or install it if it isn’t already).
- Step 8: Open Steam and start SteamVR. Install it if it isn’t already there.
- Step 9: Launch Minecraft on your computer.
- Step 10: Click Play after making sure Vivecraft is chosen in the version menu.
Minecraft VR Controls on Oculus Quest 2
Except for Vivecraft, all versions of Minecraft on Oculus Quest 2 are subject to these controls.
- Y – opens inventory
- X – opens the chat and brings up a virtual keyboard
- B – quick actions menu, which only has a quick chat
- A – jump
- Menu button – pause
- Left joystick – movement
- Right joystick – rotating, turning
- Right front trigger – mine / attack / select from menu
- Left front trigger – interact / place
- Right touch controller is cursor movement
These are the Vivecraft controls.
- A – interact / place
- Y – opens inventory
- B – quick actions menu
- X – pause
- Left joystick button – jump
- Left joystick – movement
- Right joystick – rotating, turning
- Left front trigger – teleport
- Right front trigger – mine / attack / select from menu
Other Way to Setup Minecraft VR
Minecraft for PlayStation VR
PlayStation VR headsets are currently supported by Minecraft as well. With the most recent update, you can enjoy Minecraft in PlayStation VR. You’ll need a PlayStation VR headset and PS4 controls for this.
Upgrade Minecraft on your PlayStation 4 gaming system, then get ready to look inside Minecraft to begin playing. Following the match’s upgrade, two distinct modes will appear:
- Living Room Mode
- Immersive Mode
As the name suggests, Living Room Mode enables you to play the VR game while seated on a sofa. You can maneuver around the game as you normally would in the Immersive Mode.
This game can be played in virtual reality because you would typically play it. Although virtually all of the functions are identical in VR, the 3D effects will completely immerse you in the world of Minecraft.
Minecraft for Oculus Rift
For the Oculus Rift, there are two ways to download Minecraft. Direct download options are available in the Windows Store and Oculus Store. Both of those methods allow you to download the sport.
Go to the Microsoft Windows Store and look for the Minecraft match to get Minecraft from there. Install the app, sign in with your Microsoft account, and download a backup of Minecraft. Before buying the entire game, you can even play a free trial.
It was free to use the Oculus Rift Demo version of Minecraft. You can build whatever you choose and explore a variety of worlds in this game.
You’ll have to persevere as you fight off hazardous mobs. In VR, the viewpoint will be first-person as opposed to third-person. The two headsets for Rift and Rifts promote Minecraft.
In Minecraft VR, you can explore infinite worlds and build whatever you need, whether a simple huge palace or a house palace.
You can use infinite resources to play artistically, or you can play survival-style and mine deep within the globe to construct weapons and shields to fight the poisonous crowd. You can play this game on your Xbox One or Windows 10 either by yourself or with a friend.
Oculus Rift headsets and Windows mixed reality are both compatible with Minecraft in Windows 10, and it supports all of the game’s features.
Minecraft for Windows Mixed Reality
Minecraft may be used with Windows mixed reality headsets, allowing users to explore Minecraft worlds in a fully 3D setting.
Maybe you already knew that you could play Minecraft on the Oculus Rift before reading this guide. These days, Windows Mixed Truth gives you a lot more possibilities and creates a stunning digital environment.
You only need to connect the headset through USB to get started.
Similar to that, there are numerous VR cans from which to choose. Numerous digital manufacturers are producing Windows mixed reality headsets.
You may choose whichever device works best for you, at a reasonable cost to start up, thanks to the fact that Samsung, Dell, Acer, and HP have all developed their headsets for Windows Mixed Truth.
How to fix ‘Minecraft for Windows incompatible with launcher’ error?
Nothing is more annoying than getting set to start exploring in Minecraft only to run across an error that prevents you from doing so. Players may get errors like “Minecraft for Windows is incompatible with a launcher,” for example.
There are a number of probable causes for and workarounds for the “Minecraft for Windows is incompatible with launcher” error that you can try.
Here is a detailed explanation of how to resolve this issue so that you can resume playing as soon as possible. The players should attempt these fixes in the following order.
Close the Minecraft Launcher through the Task Manager
To see if it is just a one-time error that is not intended to be there, try opening the Task Manager and closing the application completely. Launch the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl, Shift, and Esc to do.
Click on the Minecraft Launcher when you find it; it should be near the top. In the bottom right corner, click the “End Task” button to finish. In order to see if the problem has been resolved, try reopening the Minecraft Launcher.
Update the Minecraft Launcher
The Minecraft Launcher recently received a fresh update from Mojang. This indicates that users may be encountering this problem as a result of an outdated copy of the game.
Players who encounter this problem should update their Minecraft Launcher, so to speak. As soon as you start the launcher, there should be a button on the screen instructing you to update if your launcher needs to be updated.
If there is no update button, you may be using an outdated launcher or there may be a bug that prevents the launcher from notifying you that an update is necessary.
The launcher’s most recent version is available for download here. With this version, players can simultaneously use the same launcher to play Minecraft, Minecraft: Java Edition, and Minecraft Dungeons.
Many gamers who see this problem may be doing so because they are using the wrong launcher to play Minecraft for Windows. However, updating it should resolve this problem and enable users to access all three versions of Minecraft through the same launcher.
Delete and reinstall the Minecraft Launcher
The Minecraft Launcher can be deleted and reinstalled as a final player option. If none of the above techniques are successful, try this; it might take some time, but it should solve the issue.
Is Minecraft VR free on Oculus?
You may download the free Minecraft support for Oculus update for Windows to continue enjoying all of your favorite features, including the Creative and Survival modes, multiplayer, and more!
How much is minecraft vr on the quest?
The game is available for purchase via the Microsoft/Minecraft Store for $26.95, or you can search your Xbox Game Pass library for it.
How do you play Meta Quest 2 on Minecraft?
Press the Oculus button on your right controller to do this. To access the virtual desktop, look for the monitor icon. From there, check for the Vivecraft version of Minecraft in Java. You can now explore the world you will open by selecting Play.
Is Vivecraft safe?
Since the source for Vivecraft is available to the public, dangerous code cannot be easily hidden there; otherwise, a report would have been made.
I would place a lot more trust in apps that publish their source code as an IT professional than in apps that don’t. Just keep in mind to download it from the source (their site or github).
How do you play VR Bedrock 2022?
The Bedrock Edition really includes built-in VR compatibility. Depending on where you bought Minecraft, you may or may not be able to activate VR in the Bedrock Edition.
If you bought Minecraft via the official Oculus Store, it would automatically appear in your collection as a VR game. Just launch it; nothing more needs to be done.
How do I install Vivecraft 2022?
- Run the Minecraft Launcher on your PC at least once to make the game folders.
- Make sure the Minecraft Launcher is NOT running.
- Run the Vivecraft Installer.
- Click install.
- If you are running on a laptop.
- Run the Minecraft Launcher.
Is Vivecraft 1.19 out?
You are probably well aware that Minecraft 1.19 has been released, and development on it will shortly start.
How to play minecraft vr on ps4 with motion controller?
- Turn on your PlayStation 4 and configure your PlayStation®Camera.
- Utilize the USB cord that came with the PlayStation Move motion controller to connect the PS4 to the device.
- On the motion controller for the PlayStation Move, press the PS button.
No other game comes close to Minecraft in terms of popularity. It is a game that is suitable for players of all ages and is highly appreciated for educational purposes.
Therefore, everyone wants to play this game on their own digital device or with their friends and family. This kind of game might work in VR as well. Follow this program to see more posts that are connected.
Maybe You Need: