Diving is a great way to explore the underwater world, and a GoPro can be a great way to capture those memories. If you’re looking for the best GoPro for diving, we’ve got you covered. We’ve compiled a list of the top GoPro dive cameras based on factors like price, performance, and features.
Best GoPro For Diving
- Slo-Mo Video 8x
- Hyper smooth and Timewarp function
- GPS built-in
- Touch screen
- Voice control
- The HERO7 Black is able to predict your movements and then correct the camera to produce smooth footage.
- Automatically captures the best photos
- HDR can improve the quality of your photos by optimizing their quality
- To facilitate sharing, be able to capture time-lapse videos
- Capture photos and videos with portrait orientation
- This is a great option for group selfies
- When the HERO7Black is used in conjunction with diving housing, the field of vision is restricted.
This HERO7 Black is the perfect GoPro to scuba dive. This camera is durable and waterproof to 33 feet. It will be your perfect companion underwater.
HERO7 Black features an intuitive touch screen that allows you to take amazing dive shots by simply swiping or tapping. You can also use voice commands to control the camera.
This item has many shooting modes, including Super Photo and Burst. You can also take vertical photos to make charming selfies and share them with friends via social media platforms like Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram.
- Preview and playback mode
- One-button design
- Touch display
- Voice control
- GPS included
- Curved Adhesive Mounting
- Mounting Flat Adhesive Mounts
- Included: USB-C Cable
- Advanced Wind Noise Reduction function
- It comes with a durable design
- Adjust your footage with the GoPro
- It is easy to use and convenient
- You will receive high-quality videos and photos
- The HERO5 Black uploads your footage automatically to the cloud, allowing you to edit and share easily
- Different accessories can be supported
- To dive deeper, you will need a waterproof housing
Given its price and performance, the Hero5 Black is my top choice for budget divers. First, you can capture photos and videos in multiple modes such as Single, Burst, and Time-lapse.
For smooth and stable videos, you can record at 4K/30fps and 80fps at resolutions up to 1440p. The wind noise reduction function makes your video sound crystal clear, creating vibrant scenes that make you feel as if you are there.
The Hero5 Black’s one-button interface is another huge advantage. This makes it simple to use, even for beginners. The camera also includes mounting points and a USB cable to attach accessories.
The HERO5Black is only water-resistant to 33 feet, so you’ll need to purchase a protective case for deep diving.
- Voice control
- An all-new GP1 chip
- Advanced video stabilization
- 2-inch display
- Touch zoom
- Integrated with 5 GHz Wi-Fi
- The GP1 chip dramatically improves your image quality
- Delivers double performance
- It is easy to change settings and frame images on a large screen.
- Video stabilization allows you to capture crisp, sharp footage even in low-light situations.
- The 5 GHz Wi-Fi makes it possible to transfer videos and photos up to three times faster
- This is not the most durable model on this list
- It will not work in extreme temperatures.
The all-new GP1 Chip allows you to take stunning photos with the HERO6Black. This tiny electronic component maximizes picture quality in all lighting conditions.
The HERO6 Black has an upgraded version of its predecessor, the HERO5 Black. This is a bonus. It offers diverse double performance and next-level video stabilization.
The HERO6 Black is capable of recording video in crisp, clear, and amazing quality, whether you hold it by your hand or attach it to your scuba diving BCD.
This camera also uses 5 GHz Wi-Fi connectivity, which makes it three times faster to transfer videos and photos than the HERO5.
- Resolutions up to 5K
- Touchscreen at the back
- New front display
- HyperSmooth 3.0, TimeWarp 3.0 features
- Live streaming and webcam functions
- Remote control
- Strong, durable, and tough construction
- Compact design
- This list contains the only GoPro that allows divers to capture video at 5K resolution.
- Capture photos with clarity of 20MP
- HyperSmooth 3.0 gives you the best video quality
- This is a great choice for cold-water divers
- You can use your phone as a remote control to operate the GoPro
- The purchase does not include underwater housing.
The Hero9 Black is my recommendation. It’s the most recent model on the market. You will feel like your investment was worthwhile due to its stylish design and high-quality functions.
It allows divers to capture videos and photos at the highest resolution, which is 5K footage and 20MP images. This is why underwater selfies can look crisp, clean, high-quality, and retain small details even when zoomed in.
The HERO9Black also delivers premium smoothness to your diving pictures thanks to its HyperSmooth 3 and TimeWarp 3 functions. A rear touch screen and a front display allow you to capture great angles.
The HERO9 BLACK is even more impressive because it offers remote control via Bluetooth Low Energy, which allows for longer battery life.
You can check information quickly on the remote, which adds safety. It is also great for icy diving, as its button is large and easy to press when wearing thick gloves.
- There are three levels of stabilization
- Design that is simple
- Live streaming in 1080p
- TimeWarp 2.0 feature
- The base has foldable fingers
- A pocketable shape
- Modular expansion
- Offers you numerous shootings modes
- Video captures with high resolution and stabilization
- Its compact size makes it ideal for divers who travel often.
- It is possible to make a replacement battery
- This is a great resource for pro filmmakers and aspiring creators.
- No HDMI port
The GoPro HERO8 black provides exceptional video stabilization for divers at three levels: High, On, and Boost. The camera integrates with TimeWarp 2.0 and HyperSmooth 2.0 functions.
This allows you to record video with a premium smoothness and excellent quality, even when you are underwater swimming too fast. The HERO8Black Black’s pocketable design is one of its greatest assets.
You can fold the camera down to a small size and store it in a bag. The Hero8 Black is an excellent choice for travelers.
- Waterproof to 196 feet
- Bluetooth and WiFi support built-in
- View from wide-angle field
- Night photo capabilities
- Slow-motion playback
- 23MP + SuperPhoto HDR, RAW
- The higher end of the price spectrum is where prices are.
The HERO10 dive camera can go down to 196 feet (60m) without any problems. It can also capture amazing 5.3K videos and has a wide-angle view beyond that range.
The 23MP resolution makes it a great choice for still shots. It can also shoot in low-light environments thanks to its adjustable exposure settings and Night Lapse function.
Few GoPros can boast the underwater capabilities of HERO10. The strong interior technology and many compatible accessories make this diving camera great at all depths. It can also go as low as 196 feet underwater.
It is also the most expensive GoPro model you can purchase, but that’s the downside. This is not the best option if you have a tight budget. You might consider other models.
You will be disappointed if your GoPro camera stops working within a few days of purchase. This is why it’s important to make a list of the most important criteria that you will use to compare the thousands of models currently on the market.
Here are some important factors to keep in mind if you want the best GoPro for diving.
1. Image Quality
While GoPro cameras can be used underwater to capture photos, not all models will deliver high-quality images. Two key elements are required if you want to find a model that can take great diving photos.
In underwater photography, the sensor size is crucial. A larger sensor will work better in low light conditions. GoPro’s lenses have a direct impact on the sharpness, contrast, and distortion of your photos.
GoPro cameras are flexible. This allows you to choose the accessories that will work best with your camera. These accessories can be attached to the mounting points of GoPro to create amazing experiences on your adventures in a deep blue sea.
These handy tools will also help you with underwater photography and videography. A dive light, for example, can provide additional lighting in dark situations. This helps you create stunning photos and videos.
There are many high-end models on the market with complex functions. It is possible to use it, but not everyone can, especially beginners.
To get the best GoPro, it is important to have the right tech knowledge before you buy one.
4. It’s easy to use
It is easy to imagine how mad you would be if you spent a lot of money on a GoPro camera but didn’t know how it works. Usability is a crucial factor that deserves to be given a lot of attention.
A GoPro that is best for scuba diving has an intuitive interface. This allows you to quickly access the controls. The menus are easily understood and easy to find, while the buttons have water-resistant housings that make them easier to use.
This makes it easy to switch between shooting modes below the surface.
5. Underwater Housing
GoPro cameras with waterproof housings allow you to dive deeper than models without. The housing protects your GoPro camera from external impacts and water pressure, which can lead to damage.
There are two key factors to remember when choosing protective housing. These are both building materials and accessories ports. High-quality housings are usually made of aluminum and polycarbonate, making them durable for long periods.
The housing should also be able to attach additional accessories like scuba lights or floats. These handy accessories will enhance your diving experience and help to prevent the GoPro from being lost.
GoPro is Better Than A Waterproof Phone Case
If you are going to be submerged in water, a waterproof phone case will protect your phone. This case is useful in the event that your phone falls, and you do not want to use it for too long.
Even the best phone cases will not withstand the extreme water pressure that comes with diving deeper. To meet your diving needs, you will need a GoPro camera.
The GoPro camera is the best choice for deep diving because of its rugged and sturdy construction. It can also accommodate a diving light, which can provide additional lighting and can produce high-quality videos and pictures.
The GoPro camera can attach to your full-face mask or scuba BCD mounting points, so you have more space to store other gear.
To check dive times and current depth, you can have a console computer in your hand. The GoPro can also record the stunning scenery as you dive.
1. Can a GoPro be used for Scuba Diving?
2. Can GoPro be used for underwater photography when you scuba dive?
3. Is the GoPro Hero 10 waterproof?
What depth can the GoPro waterproof case reach?
4. How do you mount your GoPro when scuba diving?
Last update on 2022-07-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API