GoPro cameras are known for capturing stunning action footage and adventure experiences. However, with limited storage space on the camera or memory card, it’s important to regularly delete old videos to make room for new recordings.
In this article, Lucidcam discuss step guide on how to delete GoPro videos from your camera or memory card. It helps you have free up space for new adventures and continue taking unforgettable moments.
How To Delete GoPro Videos
1. Delete Videos from GoPro Directly
Steps to Delete Videos From GoPro Hero7/6/5
- Step 1: Mount your SD Card correctly and turn on the camera.
- Step 2: Next, use the direction keys to scroll down and find the “Display” option.
- Step 3: Click “Preferences“.
- Step 4: Scroll to the bottom of the GoPro HERO 7 and find “Reset“.
- Step 5: Next, click the “Reset” button and click on “Format SD Card”. Finally, click on “Format“.
- Step 6: Scroll down on the GoPro HERO 5, HERO 6, and click on the “Format SD card” button. Then click on the “Delete” button.
Steps to Delete GoPro Fusion Videos Manually
- Step 1: Turn on the GoPro Fusion, and make sure that the SD card has been correctly inserted.
- Step 2: Continue pressing the “Mode” button on the side until the Settings icon (usually a gear ), appears.
- Step 3: To open the Settings menu, press and hold the front “Shutter“.
- Step 4: Press the front Shutter button five times to access the “Preferences” menu.
- Step 5: Continue pressing the side Mode button continuously until the “Format” option is visible.
- Step 6: To select the Format option, press the “Shutter” button
- Step 7: Choose BOTH and press the front Shutter button. This will start the formatting of both SD Cards. It is highly recommended that you treat both SD Cards as one.
2. Delete Videos Using the Quik App
- Start the Quik app on your smartphone.
- Tap the GoPro Media icon (grid).
- Tap Edit, then choose the files you wish to delete.
- Go to Settings to delete the most recent file you captured or all files (wrench icon).
- Scroll down and choose Delete.
- Select Last to delete the most recent capture, or All/Format to erase everything.
3. Using a Computer, Delete Files From The SD Card.
First, connect to your computer. There are two options for connecting to your computer.
- Insert the microSD card into the card reader on your computer via USB
In a file browser, navigate to the SD card.
- Navigate to This PC on the left sidebar of File Explorer (Windows). This is where your SD card should be visible.
- Navigate to the DCIM folder.
- You may now remove any or all of the files from your SD card.
3. Drag the files you wish to remove to the garbage.
Note: To remove all files, select all files by pressing Control + A on a Windows computer or Command + A on an Apple Mac, then drag and drop them into the trash.
How to Delete Data from a GoPro MicroSD Card
There are many ways to remove all files from your SD Card, as we have already explained.
- These three methods are included in the list. They do not allow you to select. You will lose all your files permanently if you use one of these.
- From the Camera Menu, reformat your SD card. This will clear your card even if it’s still in the camera.
- All files in File Explorer should be deleted. This requires you to either connect directly to your camera via USB or take out the SD card and place it in a USB reader.
- GoPro App Menu: Format your SD card. You can do this remotely.
How do You Recover Deleted Files From GoPro using iMyFone AnyRecover
- Step 1 Download and install iMyFoneAnyRecover from your computer.
- Step 2Plugin Select the storage that you want to restore to your computer and then choose from the available options.
- Step 3 Hit the “Start” button to scan the storage/location where you want to retrieve data.
- Step 4 – Scan the files to confirm, then select the file you wish to restore and click “Recover”.
1. How can I delete videos from my GoPro Session?
2. Why can’t you delete videos from my SD card?
3. Is it possible to erase and reuse SD cards?
4. Can I delete LRV files GoPro?
That’s all our blog. If you want to learn more information, please access our website Lucidcam to explore a more useful blog. Lucidcam hope that you found these tips useful! Thank You for reading!