Drones are a great gift for the person who has everything. They’re also a fantastic way to get an aerial view of your property and snap some amazing pictures. But with so many options out there, it can be hard to figure out which one is right for you. That’s why we created this list of the best selfie drones on the market in 2022!
Lucidcam will take a look at what each drone offers in terms of features and capability, as well as how they compare against one another in price point and quality. From beginner models to professional-grade products, we have all bases covered!
What Are Selfie Drones?
There are many designs for selfie drones, but most are compact or slim. Some are small and portable. All have been designed to be portable. These devices can be carried or packed easily. Once launched, they will position themselves correctly and perform their task. You can even share your photos on social media by pressing a button.
The majority of selfie drones can be controlled by an app that you download to your tablet or smartphone. It has pre-programmed flight modes. You can use “selfie mode” for easy video and photo-taking. This is a great option for pilots just starting out and those who are looking to get the perfect flight. Selfie ” DRONIE ” Rather than worrying about where to place the drone.
The combining of ‘drone and selfie has created the Air Drone Craze, also known as the “dronie”. You can get the best drone shots by having your drone focus on you or your group, and then back out to reveal your location. Handheld selfies are great, but “dronies” have that WOW factor.
Top-Rated Best Selfie Drones
- Selfie Features: Indoor Flight, 1080P near-proximity video uplink, WiFi hands-free mode for selfies. ‘Gesture Control’ allows you to instruct the quad to take an image using your hand movements. Indoor stills can be taken in “Tripod” mode.
- Flight time – 27 minutes
- Video Quality – up to C4K (HD/UHD, 4K, C4K).
- Photo Quality – 12.7MP
- Range – 8 Miles (13km)
- Charging Time – 70 Minutes
- GPS – GPS – US GPS, Russian GLONASS Satellites
- Optical Sensors – Yes (5 Vision Position Sensors).
- Obstacle Avoidance – Yes
- Size – 83mm X 83mm X 198mm (folded)
- Battery – 3830 mAh 11.4V 43.6 Wh (Lipo 3S)
DJI’s Mavic Pro foldable drone is the first. It is one of the smallest drones to include the best flight features DJI could muster at the time.
This quadcopter is not only the most expensive, but it is also the most versatile and advanced.
It’s stable, fast, reliable, has long-flight time, and can shoot excellent video.
This quadcopter is a combination of gray and gold colors and has enhanced maneuverability and portability.
Selfies: Control and modes
The Mavic is capable of taking single shots or bursts at 3/5/7 frames. The quadcopter features Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB), with 3/5 frames at 0, EV Bias, and Interval Still Photography Mods.
The camera supports video recording modes such as C4K and 4K, 2.7K, FULLHD, HD, and FULL HD.
Also, the remote controller is entirely new. It folds altogether and is therefore portable.
The arms can be extended outward to support your mobile phone. The quadcopter’s screen will display the live video link from the quadcopter, while your device’s screen will show you flight-critical information such as altitudes and wind speed.
Four vision sensors combine to tell the drone’s flight control system what is below and ahead. This helps increase safety and reliability. These vision sensors can also be used indoors to give it the smoothest hovering and flying.
The video transmission and controller can be used up to 4.3 miles (7 km) away from the drone. This puts it in a class above the other selfie drones.
The Mavic allows you to perform a “dronie” that zooms out up to 4.3 miles and still receives 720P real-time video on your device.
ActiveTrack gives you the different autopilot modes that allow you to track, follow and film with.
The Mavic Pro has the following autopilot modes.
- Spotlight – Follow behind, circle, or in front of a subject while they are stationary or moving.
- Profile – Fly alongside the subject
- Keep the Mavic flying while you trace – the camera should be focused on the subject
- Terrain Follow Mode – Program the Mavic so it will fly at the same height above ground, no matter the terrain
- TapFly – Tap the screen to fly the Mavic in the same straight line as you tap in the DJI Go App
Selfie Drone Mavic Pro might be a tad bit expensive, but this true classic does offer a couple of features that most other drones do not boast.
If you’re looking for a cheap and cheerful quad to play around with and take a few dronies, there might just be a lower-cost unit that does exactly what you need, then this isn’t the drone for you.
- Excellent camera quality
- Portable and compact
- A physical remote control.
- Multiple flight modes make it possible to fly all kinds of drones.
- The drone hovers in “Tripod” mode, which is designed for indoor still photography.
- Fantastic range and flight time.
- Avoiding obstacles is a plus.
- This is the most expensive of all our selfie drones.
- Additional batteries can be expensive.
- It is not as small as the more expensive alternatives, but it will still fit in your pocket.
2. DJI Mavic Air Camera Drone
The DJI Mavic Air has received a lot of attention from buyers. It is very likely that it will be a top-selling consumer drone.
It is the best consumer model. It combines the best of the Spark and the Mavic Pro in a compact, portable design.
The Mavic Air is lightweight, compact, and includes a 4K camera.
It can be flown using gesture control like the Spark, and it folds for easy storage like the Mavic.
Mavic Air Features:
- A 3-axis gimbal
- System to avoid obstacles ( front, down, and backward )
- Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems (APAS), which allow drones to fly around and over obstacles.
- DJI GO APP features: ActiveTrack SmartCapture, QuickShots, and TaFly
- Flight time of 21 minutes and more
- It’s an easy-to-fly drone with many features that consumers will love.
The standard kit includes the quadcopter and controller, as well as a battery, charger, two sets of props, prop guards, and a carrying case. The Fly More combo includes all of the above, plus 2 batteries (3 total), the second set of props (3 total), a carrying case, and a charging hub.
3. DJI Mini 2 Camera Drone
The Very Best selfie drone
The DJI Mavic Mini 2 has been an enormous success lately. The DJI Mavic Mini 2 is pretty much the best camera drone you can buy that’s under 250 grams and also doubles as an outstanding selfie drone.
You cannot control it by phone at this time. There is a slight delay in setting up the controller. However, it is pretty short.
This selfie drone is my primary camera drone. It has a 4k camera, 3 Axis stabilized Gimbal, impressive specs such as a 10km range and 31 minutes flight time.
It’s more than a drone capable of taking 4k photos with your friends. Many flight modes, including the auto return to home, circle around the subject, record, etc.
The drone mode is a flight function that can be used to take selfies with your drone. It records videos of the drone flying away from you, capturing unique perspectives, and taking photos.
It also comes with powerful brushless motors. I compared the DJI mini 2’s wind resistance to the Mavic Air 2, which performed very well.
- 4k crisp footage
- Drones that don’t require registration are the best in their category.
- Impressive 10 kilometers control range (over 6 miles),
- Stable flight, even with very strong winds.
- The camera angle can be adjusted.
- It’s a much better controller than the DJI Mavic Mini.
- Cinema-quality video resolution with 4K video, wide-angle 180deg views
- Sometimes, it is possible to experience temporary difficulties with a GPS connection.
- You don’t need an activity tracker to keep you on track,
- The soft padded case is not as comfortable as the previous one, so you might consider a drone backpack.
- Max flight time: 30 minutes
- Camera: 12MP aerial photos, 2.7K HD video
- Distance: 1 1/2 miles
DJI Mavic Mini is only 250g, which is about the same weight as a smartphone. This allows for longer flight times of up to 30 mins without needing to recharge. It is also easy to maneuver so that you can take perfect selfies with it. Because the camera is on the drone’s front, it is easy for you to see. This makes it easier to take pictures and allows you to see what is in front of you.
This drone’s controller is easy to use. It also comes with a screen so you can see what it is seeing. It makes it easier to take photos at a distance, making it easier to snap selfies.
Even though the bag doesn’t include a carry bag, its lightweight frame, and compact design make it easy to transport, even if you decide to hike before you stop for your photoshoot. It is easy to transport and can be taken with you anywhere you go.
This selfie drone is a great choice to take photos. You can take selfies high up and far away, depending on your desired angle. The controller shows you how the image will look, so you can make adjustments to get the shot you want.
Using the DJI Fly app, just tap on the screen and the Mavic Mini will automatically perform a Dronie, Circle, Helix, or Rocket maneuver.
Your photo will look as clear as if the drone and you were completely still. This allows you to take pictures that are moving and avoid blurring.
5. DJI SPARK
Best selfie drone
- 16 min 12 MP
- 2-Axis Gimbal Tracking Mode
- Gesture control
DJI Spark is the smaller sibling of the DJI Mavic Pro, the tiny DJI Spark is still a very capable drone and might be the ultimate selfie drone. The Fly More Combo for the DJI Spark is an affordable way to take the perfect selfie.
DJI Spark features obstacle avoidance and gesture recognition technology. It also has a 12MP camera and 16 minutes of flight time. Control Spark by using a mobile device and gesture controls or purchase a remote control sold separately. The new DJI goggles allow for real-time FPV flying when paired with them.
It has all the technology and features of its larger brothers. Because it is small and lightweight, it can be easily carried around.
DJI recognized that drones could be intimidating for some people and made Spark user-friendly.
TapFly, ActiveTrack, and QuickShot allow users to send the device into the air and capture amazing photos and video using pre-defined flight paths like following, circling, or filming straight up.
Spark also has safety features you would typically only find on larger drones. You will find things like return to home, precision hovering, landing, and even obstacle avoidance that were previously unheard of on a quadcopter so small.
Spark is packed with features and manufactured by the top-selling consumer drone globally, making it an excellent choice for anyone who wants a high-quality selfie drone.
6. Yuneec Breeze Flying Camera
Best selfie drone
- The total flight time is approximately 15 minutes.
- It is possible to land it automatically by pressing a button.
- It can take 13-megapixel still pictures and 4K HD video.
- The Breeze Cam app allows you to edit videos and photos.
- It also includes propeller protectors.
The Yuneec Breeze Smart Drone is a small, lightweight drone that can record aerial videos and take crystal clear shots.
It is straightforward and has five automated flight modes: orbit (follow me mode), selfie, pilot, journey, pilot, and pilot. Because of its small size, it can be flown indoors or outdoors.
The Breeze also comes with positioning sensors besides the GPS, so it can maintain its altitude and position steady even better. However, where it lacks most is that it doesn’t come with an optional controller. It works great as an advanced selfie drone and if you want to shoot things at 100m from you at most.
A companion smartphone app is available for Android and iOS platforms. You can view a live stream and capture photos and videos with just one click. It also makes it easier to share images on social media.
This selfie drone is a compact, foldable pocket drone, easy to use, and has simple social plugins.
7. Zerotech Dobby Selfie Drone
One of the best selfie drones
Because it is a pocket selfie drone, the Zerotech Dobby is a popular choice. On top of that, it is really quiet compared to many of the smaller drones.
You can control it only with a smartphone, and the best part is that you have tracking capabilities.
While using the app you will get a first-person view from Dobby’s camera. You can also use the app to post your drone selfies to Facebook or other social media quickly and easily.
The drone has both GPS and ultrasonic sensors to ensure that it is always in a steady position.
The HD camera is able to swivel 90° and has four preset positions. The HD camera has a 4k resolution and 13 MP3s, which can produce 1080p HD videos. The Dobby uses 3 axis image stabilization software to help stabilize your videos.
It uses WiFi transmission to transmit data instead of Bluetooth. The drone can travel up to 50m, and with some extenders, it can go over 100m. This is quite impressive for a drone controlled by a smartphone.
With hundreds of engineers and scientists in their employ, the Zerotech are experts in drone technology and are industry leaders on their way to remapping the smart drone world one model at a time.
With the GPS setting, you can draw a flight path for the drone to follow. Besides, the drone comes with facial recognition software, which gives it the ability to focus on your face or the face of another for a very clear selfie image.
The selfie drone has multiple photo modes that can take selfies, such as burst mode and timing.
A few flight modes are available, including “target tracking,” which allows you to draw a box around your subject and have it follow you around.
- Electronic Image stabilization
- Pocket drone size
- Compatible with all phones
- Excellent subject tracking
- A decent range
- Brushless motors
- Battery life is very low
8. WINGSLAND S6
Best pocket selfie drone
- It only weighs 1.21 pounds.
- It can be charged in under an hour.
- This camera can record 4K video at 30 frames per second.
- It has a 6-axis gyro that keeps it more stable when it moves faster.
The WINGSLAND S6 is another affordable option. It is also compact and lightweight, making it an excellent choice for those who like to travel. You can also use it to automate your flight with intelligent features such as Lock Mode, Follow Me mode, Obstacle Avoidance, Orbit, and Lock Mode. These features allow you to automate your entire flight experience so that you can enjoy every moment.
There are always drawbacks, as with all things in life. The drone’s control range is limited to 100 meters, which is a small problem. The WINGSLAND® S6 has 10 minutes of flight time. It still represents great value.
- 4K Ultra HD video quality @ 30 Fps, and 13MP photos
- Auto Take-off and Landing
- Precision Barometer and Electronic Image Stabilization
- Strong satellite signal connection and precise positioning
- Propeller Guards and Obstacle Avoidance
- When the battery is low or gets lost, it will activate an auto-return function.
- Attachable Accessories and Propeller Protectors
- 7 minutes of flight time
- Flying can be pretty loud.
- According to reports, this is not the complete model. It’s a pre-production model.
9. Holy Stone HS510
Good selfie drone
The holy stone HS510 is a solid, foldable drone with no image stabilization and other features such as GPS. It weighs less than 250g.
Although the specs claim 4k video resolution, I don’t think it’s worth comparing to a DJI Mini 2, mainly because it doesn’t include EIS.
However, the battery lasts for 16 minutes and has a much longer range than other selfie drones. This is because the drone doesn’t have a control option for your phone but a controller. Although the WiFi range between the drone and the phone is approximately 300m, the drone can fly further, making it more challenging to lose.
Even if you don’t, the GPS-enabled device also includes a return home function.
- You can adjust the angle of your camera
- Below 250g
- Includes 2 batteries and a complete set
- GPS and return home
- Long battery life
- No stabilized camera
10. Hover Camera Drone Passport Self-Flying Drone
One of the best consumer drones
- Battery life: 9-minute
- camera: UHD 4K video
- 13MP photos
Hover Camera is a drone with self-flying power. It follows you wherever you go, so you can take photos without needing to manually control its movement. This artificial intelligent technology makes it simple to take photos without a remote control.
You don’t need to register for the FAA registration in order to fly this drone as soon as it arrives. It can be used for personal purposes in public or private areas as long as there are no violations of rules of public conduct. You can also take great selfies while you surf, dance, drive, or as you do.
If you can find a way to ignore its weird shape, you will come to realize that this drone boasts really fantastic features and modes. For example, it boasts an Owner Mode that is linked with Gesture Control.
Camera drone Features
The unique design of this lightweight drone has a flat frame with four, three-part blades to keep it in the air. Wings are made from carbon fiber Owner Mode admits that the drone proprietor for photographs.
It is possible to carry it around with you. Option to auto-follow you can also use Owner Mode to have the drone follow you no matter where you are. You can also use Owner Mode to have the camera recognize you and take photos with your face in them. This allows you to take multiple photos and record the drone without needing to operate it.
This drone is the best choice for people who love taking selfies. But you don’t need to take the camera out yourself. The drone can track you and take photos and videos with you so you can capture candid shots without having to do it yourself. You can also use it to capture you running or playing sports.
11. EACHINE E50 WIFI FPV Quadcopter
- Selfie features: Portable unit, FPV on your smartphone, barometer, altitude hold, LED strips.
- Flight time – 8-15 minutes
- Video Quality – HD 720P
- Range: 40m
- Charging Time – 120 Minutes
- GPS – No
- No optical sensors
- Size: 13.5cmX6.5cmX2.5cm (folded arms).
- Batteries – 3.7V 500mAh 20c
The EACHINE E50 folding quadcopter is portable. The quadcopter’s wings fold inwards and the body to create a small unit that is about the same size as a smartphone.
It is one of the most affordable selfie camera drones available on the market, and it is very similar to the JJRC quadcopter.
The E50 is available in white and comes with a small velvet case that protects your propellers while you slide it into your pocket.
It will fit in your pocket, so you can always have it with you to capture that perfect shot.
Control and Features
Download the WiFi FPV/WiFi UFO app to your Android or Apple smartphone.
You have two options: you can fly your quadcopter using virtual joysticks or tilting your phone with the G-Sensor control.
You will have complete control over your E50 and view what the quadcopter is doing via a live video downlink. You can also save the photos and videos you take to your smartphone.
The front camera can be adjusted manually to face either upwards or down. The drone features an altitude hold function and an integrated barometer, allowing you to take effortless selfies.
- It is very easy to use.
- Excellent for selfies and close-up photography (up to 10m maximum control).
- It works well with the WiFi UFO and WiFi FPV apps.
- Reasonable flight time
- The folding arms make it easy to transport.
- Very affordable.
- Long charging time (100 minutes +).
- Limited range (maximum 40m; after 10m, you have less control).
- Frame drops and FPV lag.
12. Parrot Anafi
One of the best camera drones
If you’re searching for a cheap drone to have fun, then this drone is the best choice.
Although the parrot Anafi is miles ahead of anything you would expect from a selfie drone, I still included it in this list.
It comes with a controller, which can be connected to your smartphone and see the live feed. You’ll be able to take regular photos and selfies in 4k anytime, but it will do so in style thanks to the 2 Axis mechanical stabilizer and EIS.
This selfie drone is unique in that it can raise its camera. It’s great for taking creative selfies from high up or under bridges.
It also has a very long flight time, 25 minutes in the air, and a 4km range. I would rate the specs and image quality as DJI’s.
The Parrot Anafi is an excellent drone because your smartphone can control it without the need for a controller. It folds up, so it is easy to transport, but not as quickly as a pocket drone.
- Controlled by either a separate controller or phone only
- Amazing camera
- You can look up to 90 degrees and down to 90 degrees
- Flying very smoothly
- Battery life and range are excellent
- Follow me
- It won’t fit in your pocket
13. Snaptain S5C Selfie Drone
- High-quality ABS components with excellent altitude hold function.
- Live stream capability for the 1080p camera
- Only 64GB memory cards are accepted.
- It takes a while to charge.
Snaptain S5C drones are great for autonomous selfies. They can be controlled by one button, and they can return to their original position. There is also an altitude hold function, which was specifically designed for selfies. The ABS components are strong and well-built. We also loved the 1080p camera that can live stream to all major social media platforms.
Although we enjoyed the 16-minute flight time per charge, it took a few hours for the lithium battery to fully charge. The drone can only take 64GB cards and photos and videos must be saved to an SD card. For the best options, check out our micro SD card guide.
14. Zerotech Dobby Mini Selfie Pocket Drone
- Compact and lightweight form factor
- Integral HD camera with facial recognition
- Live stream capability for 1080p cameras
- Battery life is maxed out in 7 minutes
- Lower side for internal storage
The Zerotech Dobby selfie-drone is an excellent choice for those who value portability. It is extremely lightweight and compact, so it can easily fit into any standard pants pocket. The integrated HD camera was a great feature, as well as the facial recognition software that will ensure that your selfies are correctly framed. The digital 3-axis stabilizer allows seamless hovering and is another reason why this pocket selfie drone is so popular.
The integrated lithium-ion battery can only last seven minutes before it needs to be recharged, which may cause some problems. The internal storage is only 8GB. This is definitely a lower capacity. This is the drone for you if you are looking for foldable drones that are portable and can take amazing photos.
15. Kizmo K160 Selfie Drone
- Facial recognition technology
- Amazing “follow me” mode
- Automated takeoff and landing
- No analog remote control
- Battery life is maxed out in 5 minutes
The Kizmo K160 Selfie Drone was designed for portability. It is lightweight, compact, and foldable. The impressive “follow me” function works without GPS integration and is very well received by us. It uses facial recognition technology to do this. We were also impressed by the variety of useful modes available, such as automatic hover, one button takeoff and one-button returning.
Although the drone’s smartphone-based controls make it easy to navigate and are intuitive, some consumers may find it difficult to use an analog remote. The integrated lithium-ion battery can only provide five minutes of flight time, but a quick recharge takes around 25 minutes. It is a great option for anyone looking for the best drone to travel with.
16. Eachine E61HW Selfie Drone
- Analog remote control and smartphone control
- One-key landing and takeoff functions
- At just 9oz, it is incredibly light
- The battery on the weaker side
- Flight range limited
The Eachine E61HW selfie drone is the most affordable under $100. It has a robust feature list that is well worth the price. This model can be controlled via either an analog remote or a smartphone application, with some functions intended for combination use. We love the compact size and weight of the model, which weighs in at nine ounces.
This battery is a little weaker than the others. It can only fly for nine minutes before it needs to be recharged. This model has a limited range of flight before it loses connection. This drone is an excellent choice if you are looking for the best drone to use with kids.
That’s all the best selfie drones, but if you don’t know how to use them, check how to fly a drone & what happens if you fly a drone above 400 feet
Selfie Drones Are Popular For Their Unique Features
- Portability: Convenient and easy to take with you as your smartphone.
- Easy of Use: Just a few taps and you’re up and flying. Some APPs allow you to edit and share your photos on social media.
- Image Quality: Even with selfie drones you can still get professional 4K quality.
- Follow me Mode: Many drones now have this feature. The drone can follow you from behind or focus on you from the front. You can even fly around. This drone is as autonomous as you can get.
Innovative New Features
- Precise positioning: Some models are equipped with vision cameras to ensure it remains in the right place even when there is no GPS.
- Facial Recognition: Gives them the ability to focus on you or another person’s face for clear selfie images.
- Gesture Control: To take a selfie with your hands, create a picture frame using your hands. It will recognize the shape and take a photograph.
The majority of Selfie Drones currently use an app companion on your phone to control. However, the new trend “gesture Control” seems more user-friendly and will likely include more voice control options.
Popular uses for selfie drones
Consumers want to be able to capture their memories anywhere and anytime. While on the move, most people take photos of themselves while doing something with their family.
Events such as Birthday Parties and Family Reunions. Holidays. Backyard Parties. These moments can be captured with a Selfie Drone and shared on social media.
Hikers and campers can fly a drone in the air, to take photos of themselves or capture a stunning view.
Tips For Using Your Selfie Drone
- These are just some of the things you should keep in mind when flying your drone around other people.
- As with any new product, it is important to carefully read the instruction manual.
- You can practice flying to get used to the features.
- Take care of your flying area. Not all selfie drones come with an obstacle avoidance feature.
DON’T MISS some of the posts here that might be helpful to you:
- How To Connect Drone To Phone 2022: Top Full Guide
- How To Reset Drone 2022: Top Full Guide
- Best Places To Fly A Drone 2022: Top Full Guide
Are drones good for selfies?
The long range of this drone and the ability to have a long flight time makes this model a great choice for photos because you can take selfies from high up or far away until you get the right angle. The 3-axis motorized gimbal allows your image to be clear as if you and the drone were both completely still.
How does a selfie drone work?
With programmed flight modes, most selfie drones are controlled using an APP you install on your smartphone or tablet. Like “selfie mode” to make taking pictures and videos easy for anyone. Great for newbie pilots who want to focus on getting that perfect selfie “DRONIE” rather than worry about positioning the drone.
Do people really take selfies with drones?
Nearly all pilots I know don’t care about snapping photographs of these. Truth told, many pilots move out of the way to never get in their very own drone footage. Nevertheless, there’s nothing like a drone photograph of a family gathering, a wedding celebration, or an alternative audience, whether introduced or candid.
Can selfie drones follow you around?
Selfie drones can definitely follow you around if they have the required software. You can do that by selecting the subject on your phone screen by drawing a box around it.
Can I make my phone fly?
We are now talking! Yes and no. There are many drones that can lift your phone to the sky. A fundamental mount can make it stable and a Bluetooth gesture (or trigger controller) can make the phone take great photos.
It’s not easy to operate a small propeller. The type of power required to lift the ordinary smartphone will call for a battery almost as heavy as the telephone as is, at least in case you would like to become at least ten minutes of flight time.
The propellers required for that much elevator could be quite as long as the telephone too, which means that you’d want to attach propeller arms, including more weight and mass.
Take a selfie with a DJI Mavic Pro
You might be looking for the best selfie drones on the market, but it can feel like an overwhelming task to figure out which one is right for you. We’ve done all of that hard work and research for you! Below we will list our top-rated favorite drones with a short description of each one as well as their pros and cons. If this article was helpful, please take a moment and share it with others who may find themselves in your situation! Happy flying, friends.
Last update on 2022-07-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API