Finding the best drones under 300 can be difficult. That is why LucidCam has compiled a list of some of the most popular and highest-rated drones for you to choose from. The quality, features, and functionality of these drones are second to none. So whether you’re looking for something fun or functional, there’s the best drone just waiting for you!
With so many great options to choose from, it might seem overwhelming when deciding which drone will be perfect for your needs. But don’t worry – we’ve got your back! We’ve put together a list of our favorites that won’t disappoint in any way, shape, or form. Check out our top picks and purchasing a drone for you.
What is the Best Drone Under 300?
I’ve looked at hundreds of comments from people who have bought and used the best drone and sorted through thousands of them to find the best under $300. I have compiled a list of the top 10 camera drones below $300 based on their comments, my personal experience, and the most important features. Now you can easily find the one that suits your needs.
You can also find a list of factors to consider before purchasing drones under $300 in my article.
Top 10 Best Drones Under 300
|Holy Stone HS720 Foldable GPS Drone with 4K UHD Camera for Adults, Quadcopter with Brushless Motor,...||6,345 Reviews||$289.99||Buy on Amazon|
|GPS 4k Drones with 2 axis Gimbal EIS Camera for Adults Beginners,3280ft Long Range Professional...||90 Reviews||$249.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Holy Stone GPS Drone with 4K Camera for Adults - HS175D RC Quadcopter with Auto Return, Follow Me,...||509 Reviews||$199.99||Buy on Amazon|
|4DRC V4 Drone with 1080P HD Camera for adults, FPV Live Video Foldable RC Quadcopter Helicopter...||2,060 Reviews||$98.99||Buy on Amazon|
1. Potensic D60 Drone
Potensic D60 is one of the best drones under 300. It is incredible. This drone is one of the most unique in its class. It is stunning and has some amazing features.
This drone is easy to fly for beginners and will hover on its own without any pilot’s instruction. It can handle windy conditions, which is even better!
The on-screen display will display telemetry information and radar information. Two precision-engineered joysticks allow for precise control.
This drone is the perfect combination of stability and speed. It can be used by beginners in slow mode while experts will enjoy the maximum speed. The powerful HD camera and video capabilities will be a delight for photographers.
The drone’s built-in sensors will keep it steady in windy conditions up to 15 miles an hour.
- Best camera drone quality: Advanced camera with 110degFOV lens records high-quality aerial images and videos from a panoramic view.
- Indoor and outdoor flight modes can be achieved with HD video and aerial photography thanks to seven stability sensors
- Each battery provides 20 minutes of flight time
- You can fly the drone up to 300m without having to reach the 400m altitude required by FAA regulations.
- You can view FPV in VR goggles, so it feels like you are flying with the drone!
- You can also purchase the flight plan feature separately via an in-app payment (which allows you to select your drone’s route).
2. Holy Stone HS 700 FPV Drone
The second of the best drones under 300 is The Holy Stone 700 is a modified version of their HS 100 model. The Holy Stone can be used to film videos and school projects without the need for high-end camera rigs or expensive drones. This drone is great for outdoor events and family holidays.
This model also features a GPS system. The GPS system can lock onto over 20 satellites in less than a minute. It is very precise. It allows you to easily follow the drone or auto-return home if it loses its signal or runs out of batteries.
- Holy Stone with 12-MP HD camera with 1080p at 30FPS, the 110-degree field for panoramic views
- Optional GoPro support
- Brushless motors are very quiet, so you won’t hear any audio feedback. They are also very powerful and rarely need to be replaced.
- Flight time of 20 minutes when all accessories (like landing gear and guards) are removed. However, this is shorter if you’re using the camera to film.
- Holy Stone of control range is 400 meters
- Features of Return-to-Home: Low battery, signal loss, and guided
- Altitude hold
- Holy Stone has smart features that include follow me, circle around, return home and Tap Fly. The GPS module onboard can lock in more than 20 satellites in less than a minute.
- Full HD video transmission in 5G with the entire range
- Extremely durable.
- Holy Stone with the best GPS system.
- The calibration process is simple and the instructions are clear.
- Holy Stone is easy to fly, with a very little learning curve. The headless mode allows you to concentrate on your photography.
- You can create custom intelligent flight routes with the app integration. Lock an altitude hold and live video can be used with FPV.
- Pilot input is received with confidence and prompt action.
- Excellent handling ability.
- Supports smartphone controllers, FPV apps.
- Even though they were designed for film, flight time is reduced when you use cameras in flight.
- You will need to register the drone with the FAA as it is too powerful and heavy to fly legally.
- You must fly the drone to adjust the camera.
- Holy Stone is not an option for beginner-friendly.
3. Potensic T35 GPS Drone
The Potensic drone can be used as a complete package and won’t cost too much. You get great value for money with its many features.
- Altitude holding is possible with the hover and barometer height setting function
- One-key takeoff and landing
- FPV transmission with Optimized HD1080P Adjustable Wide Angle Camera
- Stepless speed function for experienced pilots allows them to seamlessly go from 10% to 100% with gradual acceleration or deceleration indoor and outdoor. This will allow them to practice the transition from novice to expert pilot.
- In case of repairs, spare motors and extra blades are included
- A 4GB TF Card and a USB Card Reader for Video and Photo Storage
- Six-axis gyro control system for stability
- For beginners, GPS positioning with auto-return in case of signal loss, Follow Me mode to avoid drone getting lost, and Headless mode with one key takeoff
- Ready to fly right out of the box, and light enough to not require FAA registration.
- It is a great combination of agility and stability. The gyro system keeps it stable while the one-push buttons enable 360-degree aerial acrobatics.
- Motors can heat up quickly so be sure to cool them off between flights. Also, don’t perform too many acrobatic maneuvers in flight.
- Drones need to sync often (to do so, charge the batteries and then turn on your transmitter before you turn on your drone).
4. Contixo F20 RC Quadcopter Drone with GPS
The Contixo F20 RC Quadcopter is lightweight and very easy to transport. The Contixo F20 comes with everything you need to fly immediately. It’s extremely stable and has a wide range of features to suit your needs.
It’s a great choice for anyone who is on the move, as it has a huge control range that allows you to explore new areas.
This drone is also beginner-friendly, making it a great introduction to the hobby. You can use the GPS hovering feature to play around with controls before you release it. The return to home option reduces the chance of losing your drone.
The drone boasts some amazing specs and features. Let’s have a look!
- The Contixo F20 can hover instability, return to home when it loses its signal, or fly circles around your chosen radius with GPS-assisted flight.
- You can fly for up to 16 minutes and have a 2k (or1.2 mile) control range. However, FPV stops at 500m so it’s not possible to tell where you are going.
- High-quality aerial shots and panoramics with full HD 1080p resolution camera drone that can transmit live video via their smartphone app
- Remote control comes with a phone holder that can be used to integrate the app and controls seamlessly
- Headless mode, altitude hold, one-key takeoff, landing
- This propulsion system is powered by a combination of brushless motors and a modular battery. It can be ready to fly in cold conditions and rarely needs to be recharged or replaced.
- The control range is one mile
- Flying time is above average with a three-hour charge.
- It comes with a backpack that you can take on the move.
- The remote control is made easy by a smartphone holder.
- This powerful camera can take photos and videos up to 1000 feet. It features a rotating 90-degree camera angle for first-person and bird’s-eye views and an adjustable wide-angle lens.
- The USA-based customer service team is available 24/7 and will provide you with a bonus battery for free if you call.
- To get it up in the air, it needs to be aligned and connected to your smartphone’s app. Then it must be connected to the controller each time.
- The hover feature can be imperfect and your drone may drift to one side if it isn’t in the right place.
5. Hubsan H501S X4 Drone
Hubsan is a well-known name in drone technology. This drone was designed with FPV flight in mind. It does not disappoint and doesn’t deviate from its reputation. The drone even comes with an LCD monitor built-in!
It’s a popular choice for hobbyist drone pilots because it’s great for learning new things, practicing flying, and getting comfortable with FPV flight runs. This drone is also great for beginners and won’t cost too much.
- 20-minute flight time with brushless motors and a Li-Po 7.4-volt Li-Po 2700mAh Li-Po Battery
- You can control range the drone from 300 meters away so that you don’t have to worry if it gets lost.
- The remote has a built-in camera is 1080p, which can capture video and photos at 1080p and then transfer them to the 4.3-inch LCD display via the 5GHz frequency.
- GPS positioning is possible with Follow Me, Return to Home, and Headless modes.
- Fail-safe modes allow the drone to return to you if it loses control.
- Smooth, quiet flight with easy to control piloting
- You don’t need a smartphone app to transmit FPV drone. The remote controller’s LCD screen can be used as a display. And the best thing is, it’s completely lag-free!
- Instead of using smartphone apps, live video can be used with FPV goggles.
- Only 300-meter control range.
- The camera angle is a narrow view that’s designed for aerial photography and not FPV drone.
6. Element Digital MJX Bugs 5W GPS Drone
The MJX Bugs5W drone is very popular. This drone is highly recommended and loved by almost everyone.
MJX Bugs has the best record for high performance in the mid-tier market. It also features a very stable flight pattern, which provides a smooth and enjoyable piloting experience.
- Flight time of 15-18 minutes with a 7.4-volt 1800mAh battery
- An FPV with a 300-meter range can stream the entire control area.
- A 1080p resolution camera is included that allows for aerial video and photos. It transmits live video to the pilot’s smartphone via WiFi connection.
- Six-axis gyro system to increase stability and smoother flights
- Headless mode, altitude holding, and one-key returns through GPS system
- LED lights for nighttime visibility
- Safety features
- Return home can be activated automatically with the weak or low power signal
- Safely store and charge modular batteries
- The drone uses anti-interference radio control technology at a 2.4GHz wavelength.
- Double alarm systems let you know when the signal is weakening or low battery.
- Motor protection includes ESC, stuck and high-temperature safety features
- It has four separate undercarriages and is constructed with a sturdy structure that resists breaking.
- Remote control comes with a smartphone holder, so you can view live video and use controls while still being safe.
- The drone is extremely stable, and the image quality is stunning, especially when you upgrade it.
- LED lights enable you to fly in darkness without worrying about losing your drone.
- The aircraft comes with three Lipolymer batteries. If all three are charged, the flight time can be as long as 45 minutes.
- There are very few features that this model offers compared to models of a similar price range.
- The control range of MJX Bugs is just 300 meters.
7. 3DR Solo Quadcopter
Solo is well-known for producing high-quality products at a low price.
Their 3DR Quadcopter model falls in the middle of their traditional price range. We were impressed by the high quality of their 3DR Quadcopter models and decided to find out why this model was worth the extra cost.
It’s a small quadcopter that is easy to fly and gives you great air time. Although it doesn’t have a camera built-in, the 3DR Quadcopter can be attached to a GoPro easily without affecting airspeed or power. It even has a gimbal to ensure smooth footage.
One caution: Do not use FPV to control your GoPro. It will cause interference with the transmission wavelength, causing your drone to fly out of control.
- Air time: 18 to 20 minutes
- You can control range up to 500 meters, and 400 to 420 meters on average
- GPS Hold System with Auto Return and Multiple Directions (up and down and side-to-side, forward and backward; turning and hover).
- Handle and position hold molds with flight direction locks, one-key home return, and home-when-out-of-control options
- The vision positioning system allows indoor flight in a tight range.
- The drone can return home quickly and easily. You can set it to do this at the touch or lose the controller.
- The weak compass rigging is in the rounded dome top dome.
8. Walkera Rodeo 150 Racing Quadcopter With Devo 7 & Camera
Walkera Rodeo150 was designed by experts. Walkera is well-known for producing reliable and top-of-the-line drones. They are looking for simplicity and power in flight. The Rodeo 150 drone is a great racing drone for beginners.
It doesn’t require assembly and is extremely fast. Once you are able to control your drone and react quickly to it, you will be ready to race it!
The drone is also very fast. It can race with more advanced custom-designed racers right out of the box. This is why you will find friends on the racing circuit that can help you build and customize your own racing drones.
- 7.4 volt, 850mAh 30C2S Lipo battery offers up to eight minutes of flight time
- It comes with the Devo 7 remote control to operate it, and brushless motors that provide stability and power.
- You can fly FPV racing drones from the drone’s perspective
- 5.8g, 400CH, 600 Tvl night vision mini camera
- Supports 3D intelligent flight modes
- Extremely fast! Compete without any racing modifications
- Unique frame design balances aerodynamics and stability
- Weighs less than the FAA regulations for drone registry requirements
- Great drone for racing. Safety mode for slow users, but can hang with racers.
- This model only allows for eight minutes of flight time. If you plan to fly longer periods of time, you’ll need to pack extra batteries.
- It doesn’t include a lot of accessories. You will need to buy FPV goggles or Flight maps separately.
9. UPAIR One PLus Quadcopter Drone
This drone’s best feature is its ability to fly in multiple intelligent flight modes. For beginners friendly, the headless mode can be used and paired with the one-touch return and takeoff systems. This will ensure that you don’t lose your drone.
You can set it to Follow Me mode, which will track your location and follow you on your walk. You can also use the hover option to take photos.
- A 2.7K HD Camera with fine capture features and a high-resolution 16MP camera with 120° FOV.
- The remote control allows for dynamic camera pitch adjustment of -90 to -10 degrees while the drone is in flight
- 5.8 G FPV WiFi transmission via the UPair App system with real-time transition in 2.7K, 30 frames per second (30FPS), resolution from up to 2624ft away
- Camera stability with a two-axis, high-precision gimbal
- Use GPS positioning to precisely control altitude and prevent loss
- Fly time of 18 minutes, charge time 60-90 minutes
- Multiple fly modes are available: Follow Me Mode, Headless Mode, and Altitude Hold Function.
- It’s easy for beginners because of headless mode, one-key return, and no-key lock
- Many fun and safe flight options and tons of features
- Lightweight and durable
- You can create pre-determined flight routes with the app connection
- The drone is heavily dependent on the GPS module. If the system is not working properly, it may lose connection during flight.
10. Eachine Wizard X220 FPV Racing Drone RTF Version Mode 2 –
This drone is not for beginners. This is the drone for you if you want to race on the racing circuit but don’t have enough money or the skills to buy a custom-built racing drone. This drone can be used to enter amateur drone racing events.
The drone is extremely fast with a responsive controller and very, very rapid yaw. This drone is so fast, even intermediate users might not be able to fly it well.
The drone is a racing drone, so it doesn’t have a lot of bells and whistles. The features of the drone are optimized for racing capabilities. This allows the hardware to be as lightweight as possible while still delivering tons of power.
- The NAZE32 6DOF Rev6 flight controller is not modern, but it is very effective for new racers
- Two MN2204 KV2300 brushless motors provide lightning speed and tons of power
- 3S 11.1-volt 1500mAh, 25CXT60 battery allows up to 12 minutes flight time
- 700 TVL camera shows real-time video on a monitor through goggles or on a monitor. This allows you to keep your eyes on the track and react quickly to obstacle avoidance.
- The quad is extremely responsive to commands thanks to four Eachine 20A ECSs BLHELI_S BLHELI_S
- To be competitive on racing circuits, the drone is extremely fast and requires no modification or customization.
- Expert pilots are able to handle the drone quickly and respond immediately.
- Extremely fast top speed and very fast yaw
- You will need to buy your own FPV monitor and goggles to race the drone correctly.
Read more: Best Drones Under 100 2021: Top Brand Review
After you have seen the top drones under 300 dollars, let’s now learn some key information that every drone buyer should know. This guide is intended to be an educational tool for potential drone buyers who want to learn about the key features.
Classes Of Drone under 300
Drones are available in many sizes and price range.
Toy drones – These have the simplest features and often offer trinkets that aren’t as valuable as higher-end models.
Video drones are very popular among filmmakers and photographers.
Drones for racing – Increase speed and agility while minimizing weight and other features. The drones are easy to operate for experienced pilots and almost impossible for amateurs.
There are many features to choose from in the different models. You don’t have to spend a lot on features that you don’t need.
Drone piloting is an essential aspect of responsible and responsible ownership. If you are a stunt pilot, you will need to have some acrobatic skills. For exploratory pilots, you will need to be able to fly longer range and use drones with extended ranges and multiple batteries.
You can use the drone with camera capable of high-quality image capture capability if you are piloting for aerial shots.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has begun regulating drones. If you want your drones to be kept safe from being confiscated or banned, you must follow the FAA guidelines.
Battery life is one of the greatest limitations of drone flight. Each drone runs on battery power and can only fly for as long as it has battery power.
Operation of the Drone
Before you launch your drone into the flight, make sure you are familiar with its controls. This will prevent you from crashing your drone and injuring others. Two-stick control systems are common for drones. One stick controls the direction (left, right, forward and backward) of the drone. The other controls the altitude and angle.
Before you take your drone flying, learn how to use it. Each drone comes with its own controls that have varying degrees of stability and sensitivity. You can safely operate your drone under safe conditions if you know how it works.
Drones Flying Safety Tips
The FAA has published a list of safety precautions that drone operators should take. The following are some of these:
- Fly no higher than 400 feet
- Your drone should never be flown beyond your visual sightlines
- Avoid flying over crowds or stadiums. Also, don’t fly within five miles of any airport.
- Avoid flying near emergency response areas
- Avoid flying near other aircraft
- Never fly while under the influence
Drone owners must follow federal safety guidelines and airspace regulations to reduce the chance of crashing. These rules include not flying in bad weather, flying in clear skies, paying attention to electronic signal interference, not flying on roads, and not operating drones alongside poorly-trained pilots.
There are also other considerations to be aware of. One example is drone photography in restricted areas or places that have an expectation of privacy. Violation of privacy laws could lead to civil or criminal action, just like a property-damaging accident.
Safety flying a drone is essentially about two things: Common sense safety protocols and checking that your flight plan does not violate restricted airspace. This strategy will help reduce the chance of an accident with high-end electronic equipment. Consulting your insurance agent about drone coverage is another smart idea.
What is the difference between drones under 300 and other drones?
Because they are smaller, cheaper drones under 300 dollars can be distinguished from higher-end drones. Because they are smaller and easier to conceal, they are safer for children. Drones with higher prices may have better video quality and be capable of flying at higher speeds.
Drones that are less expensive typically only have the most basic features, which include the ability to record high-resolution videos. Drones with excellent camera quality and stable flights are available as you go up in price.
Last but not least, the warranty that your drone comes with is important. This will affect how trustworthy your drone may be in case something happens while it’s in use or in storage.
Are the best drones under $300 for aerial photography?
Best drones under $300 are perfect for basic tasks like taking stills or filming a walk-through of an apartment. For more complex projects, where you need to cover large areas quickly and capture photos at different altitudes (for example, if you want to film a video that includes footage taken from above-ground pools during the day and night shots), drones over $400 are better suited.
Do I have to register my drone with FAA in order to legally use it in the US?
You must register with the Federal Aviation Administration before you take your first flight if you are operating a drone commercially. You don’t need to register if you only fly your drone for recreational purposes.
How can I obtain a drone license?
A General Visual Line of Sight Certificate drone training course (GVC) is required to obtain an Operational Authorisation. You will need to submit a sufficient risk assessment or apply in accordance with a Pre Defined Risk Assessment. After passing the course, you can apply for an Operational authorization from the CAA to allow you to start or continue commercially.
You will need an Operations Manual to pass the course. Also, you must pass both theory and practical flight assessments.
We hope that you can get the best advice and buy a drone on this list for your needs. There are so many different drones at such a range of prices, but we think there’s one out there for everyone! Give our top 10 best drones under 300 and buying guide a read to see if any fit what you’re looking for.
The last thing to remember when it comes to flying is safety precautions – don’t fly near airports or other air traffic, and always have someone with you who knows how to operate the equipment in case something goes wrong. Are there any specific features that you need? Let us know; we love helping people find the best drones on this list that can be suitable for your perfect match!
Last update on 2021-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API