If you’re looking to buy the best drone under 600, this blog post will help you find the best one. LucidCam has analyzed 5 of the top drones on sale and has come up with a list for your convenience.
Blog post-intro paragraph: You know what they say – time is money! There’s no sense in wasting either when there are so many incredible deals out there waiting to be found. That’s why we did all the work for you, finding five of the best-selling drones under $600 that offer great features and have been rated highly by customers just like yourself who bought them before.
Check out our reviews below or scroll down to see more options from other price points.
Overview Of Best Drone Under 600
These drones are powerful and feature-rich for their price range. For flawless stabilization, they usually come with a 4K UHD camera as well as a mechanical gimbal. They have a range of approximately 1.2 miles and a flight time that is longer than 20 minutes.
Most of them will have cool GPS options that let you return to home or battery when it’s low.
They are usually small and easily transportable, even though they may not always be foldable. This makes them ideal for those who travel light.
These Drones Should Be Purchased by Whom?
The drones at this price range are a great upgrade for those who are already drone pilots and want something more affordable and beginner-friendly. These drones will allow you to spend more time in the air and provide better image quality. A mechanical gimbal will also give you professional-looking footage.
Top 6 Best Drones Under 600
|DJI Mini 2 – Ultralight and Foldable Drone Quadcopter, 3-Axis Gimbal with 4K Camera, 12MP Photo,...||8,222 Reviews||$449.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Holy Stone GPS Drone with 1080P HD Camera FPV Live Video for Adults and Kids, Quadcopter HS110G with...||2,826 Reviews||$169.99||Buy on Amazon|
|HUBSAN Zino Pro Plus 4K Drone with Three axis stabilization Gimbal,FPV Distance 8km,Panoramic...||33 Reviews||$344.70||Buy on Amazon|
|DJI Mini SE - Camera Drone with 3-Axis Gimbal, 2.7K Camera, GPS, 30-min Flight Time, Reduced Weight,...||70 Reviews||$299.00||Buy on Amazon|
1. DJI Mini 2
- Camera: 12MP4K
- Maximum speed: 35.8 MPH
- Maximum flight time31 minutes
- Control range: 6.2 miles
- Additional features: 4x digital zoom; DJI Fly App with intuitive editing
- The model comes with a 12MP camera capable of recording in 4K resolution and a 4x digital zoom. DJI Mini 2 can fly for approximately 31 minutes at a speed of 35.8mph and a maximum speed limit of 35.8 mph.
- It can take off for 6.2 miles. The model can be flown using its controller, but it also supports some apps. It made it onto our list because of its versatility. It is lightweight and innovatively designed, making it a great drone. This drone is lightweight and innovative, so you can expect to get the best out of almost everything.
- The model can be kept in the air for up to 31 minutes, can fly up to 35 mph, and has a huge control range of up to 6.2 miles. This makes it an excellent choice for anyone who wants to explore the surrounding areas.
- This drone’s camera is another highlight. It can record in 4K. This will allow you to make crystal clear videos. You can also get a closer look with the 4x digital zoom.
- There are no color profiles available for JPGs or video.
- Avoids HDR and obstacles avoidance
- This does not include ActiveTrack and Hyperlapse
2. DJI Mavic Mini
- Maximum Flight Time: 30 minutes
- Maximum Transmission range:4km (2.5 miles)
- Maximum Speed: 29 mph (47 km/h)
- Stabilization: 3-axis mechanical gimbal
- Video Quality: 2.7k 30fps
- Camera Resolution: 12 MP
The new DJI Mini 2 has been released, so we moved the Mavic Mini from the great list to the also great. DJI Mavic Mini is not as good as the new model, but it’s still an option, especially at a more affordable price.
The Mavic Mini’s biggest selling point is its weight. It weighs in at 249g, which means that you don’t have to register to fly in many countries. The 2.7K camera allows you to take high-quality aerial videos and the 3-axis Gimbal. It uses the same transmission system as the Mavic Air and allows you to fly up to 4km (2.5 miles).
Mavic Mini’s 30-minute flight time per charge is another thing that sets it apart. It’s nearly the same time as the Mavic 2.
The Mavic Mini, like all drones in their Mavic line, is also foldable. I was initially a bit skeptical and skeptical about its performance. But once I took it into the air, my doubts vanished. It is so stable, it gives you a sense of confidence.
Flying is easier than with other DJI drones. Once you have connected your phone to the battery, all that is required to start flying is to insert it. A brand new app called DJI Fly was created for the Mavic Mini. It is intuitive and more user-friendly than DJI GO 4.
You may be familiar with DJI drones. However, the Mavic Air does not have popular features such as Obstacle Avoidance and ActiveTrack. Panorama, Time Lapse, Panorama, Time Lapse, and Panorama. Its size and weight are not surprising, as well as its $399 price.
- Entry cost is low
- Remote control available.
- Great battery life.
- Crisp 2.7K video and 12MP photographs
- Gimbal stabilization.
- Automated camera movements for cinematic purposes.
- Use the Find My Drone feature.
- Doesn’t require federal registration.
- Testing may have some connectivity problems
- Omits obstacle detection sensors.
- No 24fps video option.
- Does not support HDR or Raw images
3. Hubsan Zino Pro
- Camera: 3-axis stabilized; 4K UHD
- Maximum speed: 20mph
- 23-minute flight time
- Limit of control: 2.5 miles
- Additional features: Includes a carrying case and backup batteries, propellers, and a car charger
- Video Quality: 4K Ultra HD
The drone has a 3-axis stabilized camera that can record in 4K UHD. It can operate at 20 mph for 23 mins. It has a control range of 2.5 miles. The model includes backup batteries, propellers, and a carry case. You can operate it using the remote control.
It has GPS tracking that helps to support the return to home feature, object tracking, and orbit mode to follow you along on your adventures.
- It comes with lots of gear that will enable you to fly right away. You get extra batteries, extra propellers, and even a case.
- This extra gear makes it easier for new flyers to get off the ground quickly. It also has many great features that make it an excellent choice.
- The drone can fly for more than 20 minutes on a single charge and has a wide control range. You can also record in 4K UHD with the 3-axis stabilized camera, which allows you to capture stunning panoramic views wherever you go.
- Anyone who is just starting out in drone flying will find this drone a great deal. This drone has tons of additional features and parts that make it an excellent choice for anyone who wants to have spare parts at all times.
- However, the manual is not easy to follow. This is a great option for someone who has some flight experience but can find the instructions difficult to follow.
4. Parrot Anafi
- Maximum Flight Time: 25 minutes of flight time
- Maximum Transmission range: 1.2 mi (2 km)
- Maximum Speed: 34 mph (55 km/h)
- Stabilization: 3-axis mechanical gimbal
- Video Quality: 4K Ultra HD
- Camera Resolution: 21 MP
Although the price of this drone is slightly higher than what is included in this article, it is still a great option for those who want to upgrade or have extra money.
The drone is very similar to the DJI Mavic, but it is much more affordable. This is great if you are on a tight budget but still want a high-quality drone. You’ll be able to operate your drone in minutes, thanks to the quick folding and set-up.
- The video quality is amazing at 4k 30fps, and still, photos are 21 MP.
- This means that even with the in-flight zoom mode, images are sharp and clear
- You can even take up to 10 photos in one second with the burst mode. The new camera tilt feature allows the camera to be rotated 180 degrees.
- You don’t even need to attach your phone or tablet to the remote control, which is an extremely useful feature of the app. All you have to do is use your smartphone to operate the remote control.
- Although it’s nice that the SD card is included with the purchase, it is only 16GB. I recommend buying another SD card for longer flights.
- The only thing that is missing is the follow-me option. Other than that, it is a great drone for the price/feature ratio and I highly recommend it.
- There is no obstacle avoidance. This is what every Anafi review I’ve seen has stated. The Anafi does not offer obstacle avoidance, but the DJI Mavic series does.
- The controller is heavy. It is heavier than the drone, and it is quite bulky. The controller is intuitive and simple to use. However, they could reduce 1/3 of its weight and volume.
- Storage and SD card. The micro SD card holder is fragile and very difficult to use.
5. DJI Spark
- Maximum Flight Time: 16 minutes
- Maximum Transmission Range: 1.2 mi (2 km)
- Maximum Speed: 31 mph (50 km/h)
- Stabilization: 2-axis mechanical gimbal
- Video Quality: 1080 Full HD
- Camera Resolution: 12 MP
- It only comes with a 1080p HD cam, but the image quality is excellent thanks to the high-quality image sensor that captures 12MP shots.
- This drone can be seen hurtling into the range at speeds up to 31 mph while still producing stable footage thanks to its 2-axis mechanical Gimbal. One user claimed that the drone actually reached 34 mph in sport mode, which is quite impressive for a drone this cheap.
- DJI’s Spark drone is the perfect budget drone. Although it is not foldable, the Spark weighs only 310g. You can use hand signals to operate your drone. The follow-me mode allows you to get another view of your shots.
- The fragility of the propellors can be a problem. However, you will receive propeller guards and they are fairly easy to replace if necessary.
- The DJI Care addon is a great option. It provides excellent coverage in the event that your drone is damaged or destroyed. Their customer service team is always available to offer advice and support.
- The battery lasts approximately 12 minutes.
- Phone control is limited in range and speed.
- Video limit to 1080p
- There is no support for high frame rates capture or 24fps.
- It could be simpler to use the app and video editing tools.
- A dedicated remote controller can be a costly add-on.
6. Syma Camera
- Camera: 720P HDFPV
- Maximum speed not specified; 2 modes
- Maximum flight time: 7 minutes of flight time
- Control range: 160 feet
- Additional features: Headless Mode and “SYMA” App for drawing flight plans
The model records at 720P and uses an FPV (first-person view) style camera. The model can operate at two speeds, but only for a short time. The flight time is approximately 7 minutes and the range of control is 160 feet. The drone can be controlled with a remote control or via an app.
- This model is unique because of its affordable price, so it’s a great choice for those who want to get into drone photography.
- It is also one of the easiest to use and fast-charging drones.
- This app is particularly useful because it lets you create different flight patterns for the drone to follow.
- The drone is lightweight and easy to carry around with you on your travels.
- It has a very short flight time and a limited control range. This aircraft can only be kept in the air for 16 minutes.
- It must also stay within 160 feet of your controller. This limit limits how much footage you can capture at once.
Consider these features when selecting a drone
There are many features to be aware of as more drones hit the market. Don’t worry, however! So you can purchase your drone with confidence, we have compiled a complete list of features.
A drone can be used to capture amazing aerial shots of objects. Drones let you see the world through a bird’s-eye view. However, different models do not approach this the same way. When you’re looking for a drone-based camera, there are many things you should consider. These are some of the things to consider:
The most important feature of a camera is its definition. This refers to how clear the image will appear. You don’t want your drone to capture amazing footage but then have trouble seeing what it captured. Fortunately, all our models shoot clear videos. However, you will be able to see a lot more with a 4K camera like the one on FIMI X8SE than a 720P model like the Syma Cam Drone.
Another thing to consider when using your drone is the difference in latency (or lag) between what it is shooting and what you see on your controller. Although a little bit of latency can be expected, it’s better to have a lower amount than with the DJI Spark. This is important because it can mean the difference between hitting an object or not.
It’s a good idea for drones to have some form of stabilization. This will ensure that your video doesn’t cause motion sickness from excessive shaking. There are two options for stabilization: 2-axis and 3-axis. A Hubsan Zino Pro drone is an excellent choice if you want to ensure that your footage stays steady.
You should also consider how fast your drone can fly. The faster your drone can operate, the greater the range you can cover and the more you can record. However, you run the risk of accidentally dropping your device, especially if it is not yet familiar.
The FIMI X8SE is a low-cost, fast-flying drone that costs less than $600. It can travel at 40 mph and has a maximum speed of just under 600 feet. The Hubsan Zino Pro can go only 20 mph, but you may prefer to flying at a slower speed for cinematic shots or to maintain operation.
Maximum flight time
Also, consider how long your drone will be flying. You will need to consider how long your drone will be flying, as longer flights mean higher-powered batteries. This will result in a higher purchase price. This will allow you to keep your drone in flight for longer periods of time. This will increase your chances of capturing footage or exploring more terrain.
Drones priced between $300 and 600 should be able to work for no less than 15 minutes. I prefer drones that can stay in flight for around 20 minutes.
You must also consider the control range. This is important to remember. This will allow you to determine how much control you need to view all the things you want. It’s always a good idea to choose a model with a wider control range than what you actually need. This way you will be covered in the event that you have to travel a little further than you planned. You don’t want your drone to go down because it lost its signal.
The DJI Mini 2 has the best control range. This tiny beauty has a 6-mile range which is the best on our list.
Dimensions and weight Your new drone’s dimensions and weight will only be relevant in certain situations. You don’t need to be concerned about how big or heavy your drone takes up in your home. It can easily be stored away with minimal hassle. To save space, you’ll want the smallest and lightest drone you can buy if you plan to take it with you on trips or camping.
The DJI Mini 2 is the perfect drone to travel with, weighing in at 8.8 ounces. The DJI Mini 2 is small and lightweight, so it can be easily slipped into a bag without taking up too much space.
You should carefully consider the various controller options available when choosing a new drone. Even if your drone is great, you will not be able to use it properly if the controller isn’t right for you. The majority of controllers have similar designs which make it easier to choose one.
Make sure you get a controller with a large screen that allows you to flying your drone easily, but that is small enough to fit comfortably in your hand. This will allow you to comfortably control your drone as you explore the world.
You will most likely use the controller to control your drone and the memory cards to save your footage. An app that supports all the models in our list can be used. An app that allows you to share your footage from your drone more easily when you have an internet connection is the best. Some models, such as the Syma Camera drone, allowing you to control the flight path of the aircraft.
Drones are just like any other piece of technology. You should be aware of all the features before making your purchase. Additional batteries and propellers are one of the best extras. You can’t be too careful and mishaps happen. This is why it is so important to have extra propellers. Additional batteries can be used to fly even if one set is running low. This is a huge plus. Digital zoom is another nice feature. You can zoom in on objects without actually moving your drone. You can get a better view of things while flying, which will make your aircraft safer.
1. What does a 2-axis gimbal camera signify? It is worse than a 3-axis Gimbal?
A 2axis or 3 axis gimble system means that the camera has been stabilized. Both systems work well. However, the 3-axis system is more stable and can provide better video footage. Although a 2-axis system will still be stable, you will notice more horizontal movement. But 2axis systems are generally more economical and don’t drain your drone’s battery as fast as 3-axis gimble systems.
2. Are all drones waterproof?
A drone that does not state it is waterproof is likely to be water-resistant. It can withstand some rain but not enough to cause damage. However, it will not be able to fly in total downpours. While waterproof models can withstand this kind of deluge, they cannot be completely submerged in water without sustaining damage.
3. What is the average time it takes to fully charge the drone?
If your drone’s battery life is completely dead, it should be charged for 60 to 90 minutes. You won’t need to charge your drone for too long if you only use it for a brief time. However, you should not keep the battery plugged in constantly as it can overcharge the battery and reduce its life.
We hope this article is useful for you. It provides an overview of the best drones under $600 and should be purchased by whom, with consideration to these features when selecting the best drone and buy a new drone.
The top 6 best drones are listed in order from least expensive to most expensive at the end of this blog post. If you want more information on any specific drone or need help deciding which one will work for your needs, please contact us!
Last update on 2021-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API